Ski helmet could have saved Richardson’s lifeMarch 21st, 2009 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 21 (IANS) Actress Natasha Richardson, who died this week in a skiing accident, had turned down a 6 pounds rented ski helmet that could have saved her life.
The 45-year-old actress, married to actor Liam Neeson, fell and suffered a fatal brain bleeding while skiing at a Canadian resort, thesun.co.uk reports.
A staff member at the resort said: “We are heartbroken that we didn’t do more to persuade her to wear one. A helmet would have cost her just $10 (Canadian). Every skier is encouraged to wear a helmet, especially beginners like Natasha. But it is not legally enforced and they can always refuse.
“I remember Natasha coming into the shop before her lesson. She seemed cheerful, bright and extremely beautiful. She said she wasn’t a good skier and was a little nervous. She spoke to other staff about her equipment, and they offered her some headgear.”
Natasha, the daughter of actress Vanessa Regrave, was taken to the hospital only when she complained of a headache after her fall.
Her death has left her family shattered.
- Natasha Richardson refused to wear PS6 helmet before skiing accident - Mar 21, 2009
- Late Natasha Richardson leaves a shattered family behind her - Mar 20, 2009
- Natasha Richardson died of blunt impact to her head - Mar 20, 2009
- Family donates Richardson's organs - Mar 26, 2009
- Natasha Richardson brain dead after ski accident: Reports - Mar 18, 2009
- Actress Natasha Richardson buried in New York - Mar 23, 2009
- Actress Natasha Richardson dies after skiing accident - Mar 19, 2009
- Natasha Richardson may be brain dead after skiing accident - Mar 18, 2009
- Natasha Richardson passes away after skiing accident - Mar 19, 2009
- Uma Thurman arrived at Natasha Richardson's wake - Mar 21, 2009
- Neeson 'talks to ski instructor who last saw Richardson alive' - May 05, 2009
- Liam Neeson dating Freya St. Johnston? - Sep 10, 2010
- A rose named Natasha Richardson! - Nov 01, 2009
- Natasha Richardson's organs donated - Mar 26, 2009
- Liam Neeson on wife Natasha's death: 'It hits me in the middle of the night' - Feb 17, 2011