Sir Tom Jones to be honoured for outstanding music contributionJune 2nd, 2010 - 4:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 02 (ANI): It has been announced that Welsh singer Sir Tom Jones will be honoured with Music Industry Trust award for his outstanding contribution to music.
Sir Tom, who turns 70 next week, expressed he is “delighted” to be recognised.
“2010 is shaping up to be a very memorable year for me,” The BBC news quoted Sir Tom as saying.
“I’m delighted to be honoured with the Music Industry Trust’s award and to join the roll-call of some great past honourees.”
Chairman of the award committee David Munns called Sir Tom “one of those rare beings, a timeless entertainer.” (ANI)
- Julie Andrews to receive lifetime achievement Grammy award - Dec 23, 2010
- Oprah, McCartney receive Kennedy Center Honours - Dec 07, 2010
- Simon Cowell to get BAFTA honour - Jun 06, 2010
- Sir Tom Jones wanted singing advice: Jessie J - Mar 27, 2012
- Zohra Segal, Ramesh Sippy to get lifetime honours - May 29, 2012
- Sir Tom Jones fails to become oldest chart topper - Aug 02, 2010
- Hazare is CNN-IBN Indian of the Year - Dec 17, 2011
- Depp receives MTV Generation Award - Jun 05, 2012
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to receive her CBE at Buckingham Palace - Feb 24, 2011
- Preity Zinta To Receive The Honorary Doctorate From The University Of East London! - Nov 06, 2010
- Catherine Zeta Jones appointed a CBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List - Jun 12, 2010
- Longoria to get Power of Women honour - Sep 02, 2011
- Anup Jalota 'delighted' with Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2012
- Dharmendra to get Phalke Ratna award - Apr 21, 2011
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Cleopatra - Jun 18, 2012