Sir Elton John urges young stars to learn from his mistake and quit drugsJuly 7th, 2010 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, July 7 (ANI): Sir Elton John has said that the young stars should learn from his mistake and should stop taking drugs at an early age.
The 63-year-old singer considers his greatest achievement is getting sober at the age of 43 - but he wishes he’d done it when he was 20 years younger.
“If you can do it, and everyone’s going to do it I think because they want to try it, then try and get it over with as quickly as possible, because it’s a f*^#ing waste of time,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Sir John as saying.
“Jared Leto is a great actor he’d been a crack addict since he was 14 and he’d been sober since 17.
“Jack Osbourne, a friend of mine, he’s been sober since he was 18.
“I spent time with (Lady) GaGa last week, and she said, ‘You know I got my cocaine over with by the time I was 20.
“Thank god. I didn’t get mine over with until I was 43,” he added.
Sir Elton was speaking at the launch of his new album ‘The Union’, a collaboration with legendary singer and songwriter Leon Russell.
The album is due for release in October. (ANI)
- Cher to duet with Lady Gaga - Jul 23, 2011
- Documentary about Sir Elton John to open Tribeca festival - Mar 04, 2011
- Elton John says that Madonna is a fairground stripper - Aug 06, 2012
- Neil Diamond to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Dec 16, 2010
- Elton John would give up knighthood for Oscar - Nov 01, 2010
- Lady Gaga is still daddy's girl, reveals new book - Mar 05, 2011
- Sir Elton John Tied Up With Mathew Morrison For An Album - Oct 12, 2010
- Leon Russell To Be Inducted In Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - Feb 10, 2011
- Elton John first choice to replace Simon Cowell, says 'American Idol' boss - Aug 31, 2010
- Osbourne reignites war of words with Aguilera - Oct 18, 2011
- Sir Elton John to record duet with 'Glee' star Matthew Morrison - Oct 10, 2010
- Songwriters today are pretty awful, says Sir Elton John - Oct 19, 2010
- Adele wants to date Prince Harry - Jun 09, 2011
- Elton John regrets selling collection - Feb 04, 2011
- George Michael sings for Elton John's charity - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: cocaine, crack addict, daily telegraph, elton john, great actor, greatest achievement, jack osbourne, jared leto, lady gaga, launch, legendary singer, leon russell, melbourne, mistake, new album, sir elton john, sir john, taking drugs, waste of time, young stars