Sir Christopher Lee To Recceive BAFTA HonorFebruary 10th, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Notable actor Christopher Lee, who has Guinness book world record for most film acting roles will be rewarded with prestigious BAFTA Fellowship at the Academy Film Awards on Sunday. The actor has been in the Hollywood industry from a long time and he is best remembered for his role in 1958 film “Dracula”. Other than Christopher Lee, many other renowned stars like Sean Connery, Steven Spielberg, Elizabeth Taylor, Stanley Kubrick and John Barry have received BAFTA fellowship before.
Sir Christopher Lee told a reputed media outlet that it was “unexpected” honor for him. However, the actor also added that for him it is a great honor to find himself in such a “distinguished” company to receive the highly esteemed fellowship. The chairman of BAFTA, Tim Corrie seemed happy at the recent announcement. In his statement, Tim Corrie said that he is delighted that the Academy is finally recognizing the actor and his talent. The chairman of BAFTA said that Christopher Lee has entertained people for many years and he is a “bastion” of British film making in the American film industry.
Last year, Vanessa Redgrave received the much coveted BAFTA fellowship award. Congratulatory messages have been pouring since Sir Christopher Lee’s name has been announced as the fellowship member. The actor has become a known figure even to the younger generation by acting in the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy and even in “Star Wars”. Sir Christopher Lee is presently acting in movie “Hugo Cabret” and it is the Oscar-winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese’s first experiment with 3D. The much anticipated movie is scheduled to hit the silver screen in December, this year.
- Vanessa Redgrave set to receive Bafta Fellowship - Feb 12, 2010
- Law, Kingsley and Winstone team up for new Martin Scorsese film - Jun 30, 2010
- 'The Artist' wins top honours at BAFTA (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Prince Williams to become the BAFTA's new President - Feb 22, 2010
- Martin Scorsese treats everyone as equal: Moretz - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Hugo' wins best cinematography, art direction - Feb 27, 2012
- Dracula star Sir Christopher Lee set to be knighted - Oct 30, 2009
- Prince William unveiled as BAFTA's new president - Feb 22, 2010
- 'DAM 999' out, 'Hugo' leads Oscar nomination pack (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Ben Stiller to get the BAFTA for comedy - Aug 24, 2011
- Ernest Borgnine To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award At The Screen Actors Guild Awards 2011 - Jan 30, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Christopher Lee to receive knighthood - Jun 14, 2009
- 'The Artist' gets 12 nods, leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Hugo' leads Oscar nominations, 'The Artist' 2nd - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: acting roles, american film industry, christopher lee, congratulatory messages, fellowship award, film awards, gina gomez, guinness book world, guinness book world record, hollywood industry, hugo cabret, lord of the rings trilogy, martin scorsese, renowned stars, sir christopher, stanley kubrick, steven spielberg, taylor stanley, unexpected honor, vanessa redgrave