Sir Anthony Hopkins still haunted by 27-year old film set deathNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:35 am ICT by admin
“I was filming Peter and Paul in Greece years ago and one of the members of the crew, a Greek guy called George, had a heart attack and he died on the set in front of us,” Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
“I saw him collapse and the doctors took him and we all stood by and somebody came back in tears and said, `He’s dead.’ I remember that like it was yesterday - and it was in 1980. We finished for the day and there were big strong men weeping,” he added.
The 69-year old veteran actor revealed that the day George died was the first day they had a talk.
“I felt terrible because I had talked to George that very morning. It was so strange and I’ll never forget it… I went to the funeral in Greece and I remember strong guys weeping in the corner. It did stay with me,” he said. (ANI)
- Sir Anthony Hopkins hated working in theatre - Feb 01, 2011
- Anthony Hopkins hated theatre work - Feb 02, 2011
- Bill Clinton calls for support to Greek economy - Jul 23, 2012
- Greek PM wins crucial confidence vote (Second Lead) - Nov 05, 2011
- Opposition rejects Greek PM's coalition government proposal (Lead) - Nov 05, 2011
- France and Germany voice support for Greek reform and austerity program - Jun 18, 2011
- 'Hitchcock' role came to Hopkins years ago - Jul 16, 2012
- EU urges Greek government to fulfil commitments on debt crisis - Nov 11, 2011
- Greek prime minister denies any resignation plan - Jun 16, 2011
- Nirmal Pandey: A star that burnt out fast - Feb 19, 2010
- Swiss Olympian kicked off team after sending racist tweet - Aug 01, 2012
- Merkel advises Greek referendum on euro membership - May 19, 2012
- Anthony Hopkins Might Enact The Role Of Alfred Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Anthony Hopkins thinks "actors are the worst bores" - May 18, 2010
- Hrithik teaches easy way to quit smoking (Movie Snippets) - Dec 14, 2011