Singing is an integral part of life, says Priyanka’s dadApril 11th, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, April 11 (IANS) Singing was just a hobby for 60-year-old Ashok Chopra, father of Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra. He was pursuing it since childhood, but says now it has become an integral part of his life.
“By profession, I am a surgeon and singing is my hobby. I am singing since childhood and I conducted school prayers for 11 years. I won many singing competitions at school,” Chopra told reporters Sunday.
He was here to promote his recently released devotional music album “Haal Mureedan Da Kehna” and said he sang for the joy of singing and it gave him mental solace and energy.
Earlier, Chopra had released two albums - “Kalame Ala Hazrat” and “Har Har Shankar”.
“Haal Mureedan Da Kehna” contains eight shabads (verses) sung by him and composed by Surjeet Singh Parmar.
Talking about his latest album, Chopra said: “All shabads are based on Indian classical music and are from the Guru Granth Sahib. These tracks were carefully chosen with classical base and minimal use of instruments to retain the richness of the religious thoughts.”
He said it took nearly two-and-half years to select and compose shabads.
“The recordings were done in the wee hours - from 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. - to capture the concentration and tranquility of mind,” said Chopra.
He said that he dedicated this album for the cause of fight against female foeticide. He maintained that his daughter Priyanka was quite supportive in this initiative.
About his strong bond with his daughter, Chopra stated: “Obviously I miss spending time with her but still we try to make sure that we spend quality time together and nobody feels lonely.”
- 'Proud daughter' Priyanka launches father's music album - Mar 20, 2010
- Priyanka Launches Father's Music Album - Mar 22, 2010
- Reshammiya teams up with Lil Wayne - Nov 02, 2011
- East meets West in novel music initiative - Nov 24, 2011
- Bappi, Shekhar's 'Ooh la la' moment - Mar 13, 2012
- Priyanka misses joy of watching IPL (Movie Snippets) - Apr 06, 2012
- Shafqat wants youngsters to take songs to next generation - Jul 04, 2012
- Priyanka Chopra taking music lessons for album - Sep 10, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra breaks musical grounds internationally - Aug 05, 2011
- Lata remembers veteran Marathi composer Khale - Sep 04, 2011
- Cinema needs to wean society from prejudices: Kunal Kohli - May 26, 2012
- Khale a maestro till his last breath: Mahadevan - Sep 04, 2011
- Tuning in to tune out stress - the Bollywood way (With Images) - May 31, 2012
- Music industry unpredictable: Kunal Ganjawala - May 29, 2012
- Bollywood has hijacked Punjabi pop: Harbhajan Mann - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: actress priyanka, ala hazrat, ashok, chandigarh, classical base, devotional music, female foeticide, guru granth sahib, har, indian classical music, music album, priyanka chopra, quality time, religious thoughts, school prayers, shankar, singing competitions, solace, spending time, wee hours