‘Singham’ earns net Rs.9.1 crore on opening dayJuly 23rd, 2011 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) Ajay Devgn’s “Singham”, directed by Rohit Shetty and produced by Reliance Entertainment, has got a good opening, grossing net Rs.9.1 crore at the box office despite there being no screening in Karnataka.
The film, a remake of Tamil blockbuster “Singham”, released Friday.
“The film’s net domestic collection is Rs.9.1 crore. The gross earning is Rs.12 crore and if we include the international box office collection, then the total gross collection is Rs.14 crore,” said Sanjeev Lamba, CEO, Reliance Entertainment.
“The film didn’t release in Karnataka,” he said, and added that the “problem has been sorted out in the state”.
Screening of the film was disrupted in Karnataka Friday after pro-Kannada activists protested against the alleged anti-Kannada dialogues in the Tamil remake..
The hit jodi of Shetty and Ajay teamed up for an action thriller after eight years - the duo had collaborated for 2003 release “Zameen”.
This is said to the biggest opening for an Ajay Devgn starrer.
- 'Singham' earns gross Rs.47.50 crore on opening weekend - Jul 25, 2011
- 'Singham' screening disrupted in Bangalore - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Singham' screening resumes in Karnataka - Jul 23, 2011
- When photographer surprised Sonali (Movie Snippets) - Aug 02, 2011
- 'Singham' collection reaches Rs.100 crore - Sep 08, 2011
- Good versus evil back with a bang on silver screen - Sep 08, 2011
- Shetty's 'Singham' set for monsoon release - Jun 03, 2011
- Ajay takes Marathi lessons from wife Kajol - Jul 16, 2011
- Ajay, Rohit get into action mode with cop drama 'Singham' (IANS Preview) - Jul 19, 2011
- 'Bol Bachchan' crosses Rs. 100 crore mark - Jul 26, 2012
- Bollywood went from gloom to glory, singing 'Ooh la la' (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 15, 2011
- Rohit Shetty feels the 100-crore pressure - Jul 25, 2012
- Rohit Shetty casts 15 Marathi actors for 'Singham' - Apr 15, 2011
- Record opening day collection for 'Bodyguard' - Sep 01, 2011
- 'Bol Bachchan' crosses Rs.50 crore mark - Jul 10, 2012