Singer Vladimir Dotel hospitalizedMarch 19th, 2012 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
Santo Domingo, March 19 (IANS/EFE) Dominican singer Vladimir Dotel was hospitalized here due to heart problems, doctors said.
Dotel, who became a national and international star in the 1990s as the frontman for Los Ilegales, started having an irregular heartbeat due to stress and excessive work, cardiologist Victor Atallah said.
“This is the second time that Vladimir has this condition, precisely due to too much stress and a large amount of work. We put him in the intensive care unit…,” the specialist told the Listin Diario newspaper.
Dotel, who scored a huge hit with “La Morena Quiere Mas”, has been ordered to avoid stress and have bed rest for the next two weeks.
The singer will be released as soon as his symptoms improve, doctors said.
- Prehistoric cave paintings found in Dominican Republic - Aug 04, 2010
- Eva Longoria shoots film in Dominican Republic - Nov 30, 2011
- Diplomat murdered in Dominican Republic - Apr 18, 2012
- Nine die in Dominican Republic fire - Nov 26, 2010
- Ex-Miss Universe Amelia Vega to marry NBA star - Dec 25, 2011
- Spanish galleon that sank around 1700 found - Dec 29, 2009
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Deposed Miss Dominican Republic apologises - Apr 27, 2012
- Athletes get food poisoning in Dominican Republic - Apr 26, 2010
- Woman killed over negative comments on Facebook - Oct 11, 2011
- Pregnant teen with cancer spurs abortion debate - Jul 24, 2012
- Concert raises $2.5 mn for Haiti quake victims - Apr 27, 2010
- My music supports social causes: Dominican singer - Nov 25, 2011
- 6,000 affected with dengue in Dominican Republic - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: 1990s, atallah, bed rest, doctors, efe, excessive work, frontman, heart problems, intensive care unit, international star, irregular heartbeat, la morena, listin diario, los ilegales, march 19, santo domingo, second time, stress, vladimir dotel