Singer Sowmya Raoh ties up with New York based EEG TalentApril 1st, 2010 - 12:11 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
April 1, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):EEG, the North American Management Agency has decided to sign Sowmya Raoh, a leading Bollywood singer. EEG is a well established management company in America. They have helped South Asian artists to enter into American market and show their talent.
Sowmya made her debut in Bollywood with the film JUNGLE. Since JUNGLE (Aiyyo Aiyyo Rama), she has sung for various films including PYAAR TUNE KYA KIYA (Rhounde Hai…), COMPANY (Aankhon Mein Rahon), DUM (Jeena, Dil Hi Dil Mein), BOLLYWOOD HOLLYWOOD (Sooni Hawa), EK AUR EK GYAARAH , SAMAY (Laila Laila, Zindagi), BUNTY AUR BABLI (Nach Baliye), and FAMILY (Katra Katra). She has also lent her voice to Bollywood Films such as Guru (Shauq Hai), KRAZZY 4, Ta Ra Rum Pum (Nach LeVe), the hit title track of Akshay Kumar Starrer WELCOME, and many others.
Last year, “Music is Nirvana’ who is the parental company of EEG signed a deal between Sonu Niigaam and American Agency Cinsay which proved to be a ground-breaking deal.
Now, they want Sowmya to work with various producers based in North America. They would like to release songs which has fusion of Indian and western music depending on choice of current generation. EEG has taken the responsibility of publishing deals, shows, digital distribution and also providing help of merging up with celebrities of America with clients.
According to source, Sowmya informed that today’s generation has become choosy about music. As we all know music has taken important part in everybody’s life today, that’s why she has to flow the crowd. She has to really work hard and learn new techniques of impressing audiences through her voice. She is well versed with today’s pattern of business and music and that’s why she wants to keep up with the change.
She is thankful to Sonu Niigaam for creating awareness for releasing music in America. She is influenced by this move and wants everybody to take it further from there.
Sownya will be releasing a new single within three months, which will prove to her test for capabilities of composing song and singing in English. Sowmya would like the single to be released worldwide. None-the-less, she will still love to stick with Bollywood market despite of signing the deal with EEG.
President of EEG Nick Rajsakha informed that they are pleased to associate their company with Sowmya Raoh and will extend all the support she will need to explore her talent in the American industry. He attributed Sonu Niigaam and “Slumdog Millionaire’ for their success in U.S market that Indian music is finding its way across the globe.
-Shama Parveen/ Sampurn Wire
- Sowmya Raoh sings for Rani again! - Sep 19, 2012
- I'm performing with Jermaine in Toronto: Sonu Niigaam - Jun 16, 2011
- Now, Sonu Niigaam collaborates with Britney Spears - Jul 13, 2011
- I want to do something different: Sonu Nigam (Interview) - Jul 18, 2010
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Sonu Niigaam to perform in US, Canada - Jan 16, 2012
- For me, live performance is incomparable to anything: Sonu Niigaam - Nov 01, 2010
- Prasoon Joshi's 'Uff' tribute to Shammi Kapoor - May 27, 2012
- Sonu Niigaam postpones foreign project to be with ailing mom - Feb 24, 2011
- Singing and sought after, Lata turns 81 (Sep 28 is Lata Mangeshkar's birthday) - Sep 27, 2010
- Born to sing: Lata turns 82 (Sep 28 is Lata Mangeshkar's birthday) - Sep 27, 2011
- Sonu Niigaam Turns A Mentor - Sep 02, 2010
- 'Do Knot Disturb' - not an impressive comeback for Nadeem-Shravan (IANS Music Review) - Sep 01, 2009
- Sonu's Friend Kunal Ganjawala In 'Chhote Ustaad' On Friendship Day - Aug 02, 2010
- Regional over Bollywood at 58th National Film Awards - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: akshay kumar, bollywood, bunty aur babli, digital distribution, dil hi dil mein, eeg, film jungle, jeena, katra katra, kiya, life today, management agency, north american management, rahon, releasing music, rum pum, sonu niigaam, south asian artists, sowmya raoh, western music