Singer Marina Diamandis ‘embarrassed’ by ambitionDecember 25th, 2011 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 25 (IANS)Singer Marina Diamandis, better known by her stage name “Marina and the Diamonds”, used to be “embarrassed” by her desire to be famous.
The 26-year-old didn’t tell anyone she had been secretly writing songs until she was 20 years old because she didn’t think she was good enough to do well.
“I think it was because I really wanted to be famous but was so embarrassed because it’s not a nice trait to have,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Diamandis as saying.
“I couldn’t admit it to anyone because they would be like, ‘How are you going to make that happen? What talent do you have? And I wasn’t any good at music yet. So I thought I would wait until I could show them I was famous, instead of telling them,” she added.
- Marina Diamandis relates to Katy Perry - Nov 27, 2011
- Cole not keen to imitate Rihanna - May 29, 2012
- Cure AIDS with love, says Elton John - Jul 25, 2012
- I was very self-indulgent: Gaga - Sep 14, 2011
- I knew Jim was the one for me: Witherspoon - Apr 17, 2011
- Kelis surprised by rewards of motherhood - May 29, 2011
- Men are scared of me: Tulisa Contostavlos - Sep 05, 2012
- Radcliffe doesn't mind sex symbol status - Feb 17, 2012
- I'm still a bad girl: Jolie - Nov 23, 2011
- Paloma Faith doesn't believe in marriage - Jul 06, 2012
- Nicola Roberts unhappy with hiatus - Jan 31, 2012
- I was not popular with guys: Mila Kunis - Jul 19, 2012
- Relationships are hard: Eva Green - May 13, 2012
- Jordin Sparks achieves perfect ten figure - Jul 22, 2012
- Taylor Swift humiliates John Mayer - Jun 07, 2012