Singer Aretha Franklin clears the air about her comments on Cissy HoustonFebruary 24th, 2012 - 11:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Feb 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Singer Aretha Franklin claims that the media misrepresented recent comments that she made about Whitney Houston’s upbringing. During a recent appearance on “The Today Show,” Franklin urged parents to warn their wards before they leave home.
She made those comments at the time that she was asked about the life of the late singer. The response got some people assuming that she implied Houston was not properly warned before she left home.
Franklin has denied ever making that suggestion. She issued a statement on Wednesday to address the issue.
The statement said that, “Cissy does not need ridiculous speculation and neither do I, particularly at this time…with respect to ‘The Today Show,’ my entire statement was pretaped. However, ‘The Today Show’ did not air the part of my statement, which said, ‘This is no reflection on Cissy or Nippy’s upbringing. Knowing Cissy as well as I do, I know Whitney left home right and properly. I was generalizing and it was a well intended statement for any young adult coming into the music industry. I was not speaking of anyone specifically.”
Franklin is a very friend of Cissy and was close to Houston when she was alive. However when she stayed out of the funeral last week, many people suggested that she was not invited to the event. She denied that suggestion stating that she was given invitation and car pass saying she stayed away from the funeral after having a leg injury.
- Galaxy of stars pay tearful tribute to Houston - Feb 19, 2012
- Houston's mother, daughter lead mourners - Feb 18, 2012
- Whitney's mother Cissy not happy with the funeral arrangements - Feb 15, 2012
- Whitney Houston's family in reality show - May 13, 2012
- Whitney Houston's casket photo upsets family - Feb 26, 2012
- Whitney Houston's friend writes book - Jun 16, 2012
- Is Bobby Brown going to attend Whitney Houston funeral? - Feb 15, 2012
- I'm proud of my daughter: Houston's mom - Mar 31, 2012
- Stay away from Houston's funeral, police tell fans - Feb 18, 2012
- Houston's mother writing a book - Apr 28, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina to see Whitney's body Saturday - Feb 17, 2012
- Amber Riley's Whitney Houston's cover on Glee - Feb 16, 2012
- Bobbi Kristina's problems are 'out of control' - Feb 24, 2012
- Whitney Houston sings at Mama Brown's funeral - Feb 02, 2011
- Ray J quiet over Whitney Houston's death - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: appearance, aretha franklin, cissy houston, home franklin, invitation, leg injury, music industry, parents, reflection, speculation, suggestion, today show, upbringing, wards, whitney houston, young adult