Singer Ana Barbara pregnantAugust 18th, 2011 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Aug 18 (IANS/EFE) Mexican singer and actress Ana Barbara has announced she is four months pregnant by artificial insemination and that she plans to name the child - which will be her third - Jeronimo.
She decided to undergo the procedure after sons Emiliano and Jose Maria told her they wanted a bigger family, the singer said in an interview published Wednesday in the Mexico edition of ¡Hola! magazine.
“The three of us had gone through the enormous pain of seeing our family reduced by half due to my divorce from Jose Maria Fernandez ‘Pirru’,” she told the magazine.
The 40-year-old Ana Barbara spent nearly five years married to “Pirru”, a prominent architect, and helped raise her husband’s two children by his late first wife, actress Mariana Levy.
Ana Barbara said she expects to be criticized for her decision to have a child without a father and that she won’t let the criticism bother her.
“I felt my puzzle was missing a piece and now it’s complete,” she told the magazine.
- Mexican actress prefers characters who take a stand - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Senorita' girl visits Delhi - Oct 20, 2011
- Anahi makes US debut as shoe designer - Aug 22, 2012
- New album mixes flamenco and Mexican songs - Nov 22, 2011
- Peru honours singer Tania Libertad for 50-year career - May 07, 2012
- Gloria Trevi admits to stage fright - Feb 18, 2012
- Noted Brazilian architect hospitalized - May 04, 2012
- Woman accused of witchcraft slain in Colombia - Sep 05, 2012
- Mexican presidential hopeful goes public with new romance - Aug 03, 2011
- Woman charged with trying to poison Venezuelan actress - Aug 24, 2010
- Mexico City mulls bullfighting ban - Mar 24, 2012
- Madrid's first woman mayor takes office - Dec 28, 2011
- Brazilian supermodel to wed one of Bob Marley's sons - May 14, 2012
- Three Mexicans jailed for human trafficking - Sep 04, 2011
- TV actress Maria Gabriela de Faria to debut in movies - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: actress, ana barbara, architect, artificial insemination, child without a father, divorce, efe, first wife, four months, jeronimo, jose maria fernandez, mariana levy, mexican singer, mexico city, puzzle