Sinbad Files For BankruptcyFebruary 7th, 2010 - 8:50 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Feb 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The stand up comedian Sinbad, known for making people double up with laughter, is being reported to have lost everything and is under a lot of unpaid tax and debt troubles. Sources claim that the actor/comedian has been suffering financial losses for a long time now. It started several years ago when Sinbad started going downhill, but was unable to revive even after a smashing stint in Hollywood.
Sinbad has now been reportedly asked by the officers of the Attorney General to sell his house, to enable him to pay off the millions he owes to the IRS. It is said that the actor has to pay around eight million dollars as federal taxes. He is just another name in the long list of celebrities who have landed themselves in some very tight situations involving huge debts and impending taxes. The question that arises in the minds of the general public is ‘who was the accountant and tax lawyer, that provided services to these doomed celebrities’.
Sinbad is the stage names of David Atkins, who made it big in the 1980s and even had his own HBO series. He also starred in some movies like Houseguest, First Kid, Jingle All the way etc. There are some very other famous celebs who have filed for their bankruptcies last year. Similar was the case of Michael Vick, who was miles away from bankruptcy in 2004. He was even arrested and had to sell three of his houses to pay off debts. Last year also saw Bernie Kosar filing for bankruptcy, with around 10 millions difference in his assets and debts.
- Chris Tucker owes $11.5 mn in unpaid taxes - Jul 30, 2010
- Martin Scorsese hit with $2.8m tax bill - Mar 09, 2011
- Pamela Anderson owes $500,000 in unpaid taxes - Apr 14, 2010
- Brinkley pledges to settle tax debt - Dec 06, 2011
- Former baseball star Lenny Dykstra charged for bankruptcy fraud - Apr 16, 2011
- Martin doesn't owe $2.8mn in taxes - Mar 09, 2011
- Ja Rule admits to $3M tax evasion in New Jersey - Mar 23, 2011
- Al Pacino is involved in tax trouble - Mar 08, 2011
- 'Mummy v/s Sinbad' - a failure in all areas (IANS Movie Review) - Dec 31, 2011
- Nicolas Cage faces yet another unpaid tax bill - May 27, 2010
- T-Boz sells his Georgia mansion - Aug 07, 2012
- Former baseball star Lenny Dykstra indicted in bankruptcy fraud case - May 07, 2011
- Rush Hour star Chris Tucker has a pending tax bill of $11 million - Jul 29, 2010
- Nicolas Cage Broke, Suing His Manager - Nov 04, 2009
- Sex.com auction postponed due to bankruptcy - Mar 21, 2010
Tags: bankruptcies, bernie kosar, david atkins, debts, famous celebs, federal taxes, filing for bankruptcy, financial losses, first kid, hbo, hbo series, irs, jingle all the way, michael vick, ranjan, stage names, stand up comedian, stint, tax lawyer, tight situations