Sinatra’s tuxedo shirt bought for $5 at yard sale could earn big at auctionDecember 29th, 2010 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 29 (ANI): A tuxedo shirt that belonged to late singer/actor Frank Sinatra and which had been bought for just 5 dollars at a yard sale will be sold to the highest bidder at an auction.
Auctioneer Don Presley, who will offer the Sinatra shirt and other celebrity items in a 600-lot auction, revealed the shirt bore tags ‘Frank Sinatra’, the date ‘Feb. 1987′ and the name and logo for ‘Nat Wise of London…Sunset Strip, Calif.’.
“The shirt was purchased at the yard sale by a gentleman named Rick Gorski, who is a laid-off construction worker,” the New York Daily News quoted him as saying.
Sinatra had in 1987 been touring and performing, and he had just come off a big hit with his Quincy Jones produced album ‘L.A. Is My Lady’ in 1984 and was enjoying renewed popularity with a younger audience.
Presley said he has “no clue” how much the shirt will sell for.
“Nowadays, when something as intangible as a Marilyn Monroe X-ray can sell for 45,000 dollars, it’s anybody’s guess,” he added.
The shirt will hit the auction block on January 1 in Newport Beach, Calif. (ANI)
- House where JFK had affair with Monroe now on sale - Apr 29, 2012
- Frank Sinatra's New York penthouse up for sale - Aug 03, 2012
- New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe's death - Apr 27, 2011
- Jolie to star in Marilyn Monroe film - Aug 16, 2010
- Last photos of Marilyn Monroe up for sale - May 10, 2009
- Jolie, Clooney not part of Marilyn Monroe biopic - Aug 18, 2010
- Angelina to play Marilyn? - Aug 17, 2010
- Last ever pictures of Marilyn Monroe up for sale - May 08, 2009
- Monroe's 'Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend' pink gown up for grabs - May 04, 2010
- Monroe's items set auction on fire - Dec 18, 2011
- Ted Kennedy had sex parties with brothers, Marilyn Monroe: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- When JFK snubbed Frank Sinatra for Marilyn Monroe - Oct 05, 2010
- Marilyn's 'Diamonds' dress goes to auction - May 19, 2010
- Michael Jackson's Swarovski glove up for grabs - Aug 17, 2010
- Elvis Presley's 'It's Now Or Never' songwriter passes away - Dec 04, 2009
Tags: auction auctioneer, auction block, clue, construction worker, frank sinatra, gentleman, gorski, highest bidder, intangible, january 1, marilyn monroe, new york daily news, new york dec, newport beach, quincy jones, sunset strip, tuxedo shirt, x ray, yard sale, york daily news