Simpsons’ Homer declares himself the new MessiahMay 20th, 2010 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 20 (ANI): In yet another controversial episode of the famous satirical cartoon show ‘The Simpsons’, Homer declares himself the new Messiah.
According to The Daily Star, the chubby cartoon legend believes he is the new “special one” after a vision. On a trip to Israel he sees disciples of God in the form of a cucumber, a carrot and a tomato., reports the Daily Star.
And he preaches to Christians, Muslims and Jews urging them to come together and pray for peace and chicken.
“Attention, Christian, Muslims and Jews.
“I have come to gather you into a new faith. From now on you shall be called Chris-mu-jews. Cos when you get down to it aren’t all religions the same? They tell you what to eat, when to pray.
“Celebrate your commonality - some of us don’t eat pork, some of us don’t eat shellfish, but all of us love chicken,” he says.
The episode, which features Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen, 38, also sees Homer falling asleep in the Holy Sepulchre and nearly getting arrested at the airport. (ANI)
- The Simpsons heading to Israel in 2010 - Sep 21, 2009
- Vatican newspaper declares 'Homer Simpson a true Catholic' - Oct 18, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay to star in 'The Simpsons' - Nov 13, 2011
- Vatican Names Homer Simpson a "True Catholic" - Oct 19, 2010
- Store removes pig from kids' toy farm set in case it upset Muslims, Jews! - Nov 16, 2010
- Chomping on cheese and chilli delights in Bhutan - Apr 29, 2011
- Here's how to make a perfect bride on your big day - Aug 01, 2010
- Simpsons episodes banned over Japan disaster - Mar 29, 2011
- Chicken secretly injected with beef, pork waste being sold in Britain - Jun 04, 2009
- Eating disorders 'double in Muslim teens than in Christian' - Mar 09, 2011
- Lean protein helps dieters resist late night snacks - Apr 01, 2011
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury - Sep 20, 2010
- Sacha Baron Cohen set to play Freddie Mercury in upcoming film - Sep 17, 2010
- Coming soon: 'Muslim Homer Simpson' - Mar 25, 2010
Tags: borat, carrot, cartoon legend, christians, commonality, controversial episode, cucumber, daily star, disciples of god, holy sepulchre, homer, jews, muslims, new faith, new messiah, religions, sacha baron cohen, satirical cartoon, shellfish, tomato