Simpsons chosen for new US postage stampApril 2nd, 2009 - 4:00 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 2 (DPA) The dysfunctional cartoon family The Simpsons has been chosen for one of the most iconic honours in the US. The portraits of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson will all feature on five first class postage stamps, the US Postal Service announced Wednesday.
The stamps are in recognition of the 20th anniversary of the show, which is the US’s longest-running prime-time comedy and the first to receive its own stamp while still on the air.
The artwork for the stamps was done by the series creator Matt Groening and will be available for preview from April 9 on the post office website.
“The Simpsons are American icons, quite frankly,” the Postal Services’ spokesman, Mark Saunders, said in a statement. “We’re excited about it, and we think America will be, too. It’s a great opportunity for us to reach a new generation of stamp enthusiasts.”
- The Simpsons get stamped! - Apr 02, 2009
- Gordon Ramsay to star in 'The Simpsons' - Nov 13, 2011
- Cumberbatch to star in 'The Simpsons' - Jul 06, 2012
- 'The Simpsons' Fetches The Approval Of FOX For Its 23rd Season - Nov 12, 2010
- The Simpsons celebrates its 20th anniversary - Jan 06, 2010
- Hindus smell greed in Vatican declaring "Simpsons" as Catholics - Nov 01, 2010
- The Simpsons to celebrate record-breaking 20yrs on TV - Dec 06, 2009
- 'The Simpsons' to return for 23rd season - Nov 13, 2010
- The Simpsons set to become longest-running TV series - Feb 27, 2009
- Treehouse of Horror: Simpsons Spoofing Twilight - Oct 25, 2010
- Vatican Names Homer Simpson a "True Catholic" - Oct 19, 2010
- 'The Simpsons' to become longest running American TV series - Feb 27, 2009
- 'The Simpsons' aired their 500th Episode - Feb 20, 2012
- 'The Simpsons' To Make A Comeback In 2012 - Nov 15, 2010
- "The Simpsons" Season 23 To Start Next Year - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: 20th anniversary, american icons, bart lisa, cartoon family, creator matt groening, enthusiasts, first class postage stamps, homer marge, honours, maggie simpson, marge bart, mark saunders, matt groening, new generation, portraits, post office, postal services, prime time, us postage stamp, us postal service