Simpson, Pete Wentz file for divorceFebruary 10th, 2011 - 3:19 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 10 (IANS) Singer Ashlee Simpson and husband Pete Wentz have filed for divorce after two years of marriage.”After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce,” usmagazine.com quoted the couple as saying in a joint statement.
“We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our number one priority. We ask that everyone honour our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives.”
Simpson filed for divorce in Los Angeles court Wednesday, citing “irreconcilable differences”.
She has also asked for joint legal and primary physical custody of their two-year-old son Bronx and seeks spousal and child support.
After embarking on a romance in late 2006, Simpson married Fallout Boy rocker Wentz in May 2008, when she was about three months pregnant with Bronx.
- Pete Wentz wants joint custody of son - Mar 09, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson files for divorce from Pete Wentz - Feb 10, 2011
- Pete Wentz spotted with mystery girl - Mar 06, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson, Husband Pete Wentz Part Ways, File For Divorce - Feb 10, 2011
- Pete Wentz spotted with mystery brunette - Mar 05, 2011
- Simpson, Wentz divorce finalised - Dec 08, 2011
- Pete Wentz, Ashlee Simpson begin custody battle over son - Mar 09, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson to go back to Pete Wentz? - Aug 29, 2011
- Parminder Nagra splits from husband - Feb 10, 2012
- Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz enjoy Valentine's Day lunch post-split - Feb 15, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz's Divorce Details Emerge - Feb 10, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz spotted together having gala time - Apr 01, 2011
- Pete Wentz's Son Bronx Mowgli Wentz Fine After Minor Car Accident - May 19, 2010
- Pete Wentz's Son Caught Up In An Accident But Is In An Unharmed State Accident - May 19, 2010
- Ashlee Simpson moves in with sister Jessica - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: ashlee simpson, careful consideration, child support, difficult decision, divorce, fallout boy, happiness, honour, husband pete, irreconcilable differences, loving parents, marriage, pete wentz, physical custody, priority, romance, three months