Simon Pegg calls ‘Star Trek’ UK premiere ‘geek dream’April 21st, 2009 - 5:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 21 (ANI): English actor Simon Pegg called his experience of new Star Trek film premiere at London’s West End a ‘geek dream’.
The 39-year-old actor, who plays Scotty in the sci-fi series, came wearing a kilt as homage to his Scottish character.
Pegg said the premiere was “very special”.
“It’s the Empire Leicester Square. I saw films here as a child… it’s a geek dream come true,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
Directed by Lost creator JJ Abrams, Star Trek tells of the early days of Captain James T Kirk and his fellow crewmembers on the USS Enterprise as they join forces to tackle the evil Romulan Nero (Eric Bana). (ANI)
- Abrams set to discuss Start Trek sequel with Shatner over lunch - Oct 21, 2009
- James Cameron's 'Avatar' bags 3 gongs at Empire Awards - Mar 29, 2010
- Eric Bana had 'fun' playing baddie in new 'Star Trek' movie - Apr 27, 2009
- 'Avatar' star Zoe Saldana calls herself sci-fi geek - Dec 23, 2009
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- 'Super 8' superb film (IANS Movie - Rating: ****) - Oct 14, 2011
- Leonard Nimoy Will Be Retiring From Acting - Apr 22, 2010
- Lost creator unveils first Star Trek film footage - Nov 12, 2008
- Hemsworth in Spielberg's next - Jul 21, 2012
- Kunal Nayyar loves being role model - Aug 15, 2012
- Star Trek boldly goes for a new generation - May 10, 2009
- Zachary Quinto dismisses rumours of quitting Star Trek - Jan 30, 2010
- Leonard Nimoy surprises fans with special Star Trek screening - Apr 09, 2009
- I've become a little action whore, says 'Avatar' star Zoe Saldana - Nov 25, 2009
- William Shatner not reprising 'Star Trek' role - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: captain james t kirk, contactmusic, empire leicester square, english actor, eric bana, fellow crewmembers, film premiere, films, homage, james t kirk, new star, sci fi series, scottish character, simon pegg, star trek, star trek film, uk premiere, uss enterprise, wearing a kilt, west end