Simon Cowell’s ‘dark moods’ make him feel miserableMay 25th, 2009 - 6:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 25 (ANI): Music mogul Simon Cowell may have a successful career, but he still suffers from constant ‘dark moods,’ which make him feel ‘totally miserable’.
Cowell, who has 180-million dollar fortune, has enjoyed success with his hit shows including ‘American Idol’, ‘America’s Got Talent’ and ‘The X Factor’.
However, he has admitted to having bouts of depression and irritability that lead him to locking out all the people closest to him.
“If I went to a psychiatrist, it would be a long session. I’ve always thought that I do have a number of issues that probably need dealing with, because I am quite odd in some ways. I get very dark moods for no reason. Nothing in particular brings it on. You can be having the best time of your life and yet you’re utterly and totally miserable. I get very anti-social, depressed and irritable with people. I don’t have time for them. I can’t make phone calls and stuff. I just sit on my own for days,” The Daily Star quoted Cowell, as saying.
Despite having everything, Cowell says he has a tendency to torture himself.
“I’m not sitting in a darkened room rocking. Things might have gone really well and then I torture myself. I cannot believe it. I have to find something to make me miserable. I get to points in my life where I sometimes think I’m never going to be happy. Someone said to me recently, ‘You’re like a human buffet table. Everyone comes and takes something from you and, at the end, there’s nothing left,” Cowell added. (ANI)
- Dieting makes Eva Green depressed - May 04, 2012
- After playing vampire, Pattinson wants James Bond role - Jul 10, 2012
- Simon Cowell tells Oprah he was kicked out of a US TV network once - Jan 23, 2011
- Simon Cowell still pays his ex-girlfriends - Sep 26, 2011
- Kevin Smith bored of action films - Mar 26, 2012
- Will you give more tip to Sikh drivers, Nikki Haley asked - Apr 10, 2012
- Hathaway survives on hummus, radishes - Jun 20, 2012
- No one wants to marry me: Cowell - Jul 07, 2012
- Timberlake obsessed with hardware - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Lemming' Watson now enjoying, thriving in his role as Oz opener - Sep 12, 2010
- Children brought happiness in Depp's life - May 09, 2012
- Full prepared remarks of President Obama's "Back-to-School" Speech - Sep 15, 2010
- Britney's ex K-Fed blames divorce for depression, weight gain - Jan 28, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Would you let an airline play matchmaker for you? (The Funny Side) - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: america s got talent, american idol, best time, bouts, buffet table, daily star, darkened room, depression, dollar fortune, irritability, london, long session, moods, music mogul, phone calls, psychiatrist, simon cowell, tendency, time of your life, x factor