Simon Cowell Says He Helped Piers Morgan With CNN DealJuly 5th, 2010 - 7:14 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
July 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Simon Cowell the former host of the “American Idol” took credit recently that he had brokered the alleged deal between the media giant CNN and British Television personality Piers Morgan who is rumored to be replacing Larry King as the next host for the CNN show. Simon Cowell has claimed that he has played a major role in the deal and had helped in the process of “finalizing the deal”.
Simon Cowell the producer of one of the famous television shows named “America’s Got Talent” said that he helped the judge of the show Piers Morgan to strike a deal with CNN so that the judge of “America’s Got Talent” could move to CNN to potentially replace Larry King who has declared his retirement from the show “Larry King Live” sometime later this year. Simon Cowell had said to media sources that he knew of the alleged deal “weeks ago” and that Piers Morgan called him up for his advice and decision as he is bound by a contract to “America’s Got Talent”.
However contrary to what Simon Cowell has claimed, the CNN on the other hand has denied the rumor and also asserted that no such deal has been made. CNN president Jon Klein has repeatedly denied of any such deal with Piers Morgan. One media source reported CNN has maintained that the channel had not offered a job to Piers Morgan and CNN is currently not in any kind of negotiation. However, the channel is always open to new opportunities and to various talents who show their interest on the channel and its programming.
- Simon Cowell Recommends Piers Morgan As Larry King's Replacement For CNN - Jul 05, 2010
- Paul O'Grady, Sharon Osbourne lined up to judge 'Britain's Got Talent' - Oct 11, 2010
- Piers Morgan likely to host 'Larry King Live' - Jun 13, 2010
- Piers Morgan to take over Larry King's CNN slot? - Jul 14, 2010
- Rumors Abound! Will Piers Morgan Replace Larry King? - Jun 15, 2010
- America's Got Talent Judge Piers Morgan to Replace Larry King - Sep 08, 2010
- Piers Morgan will replace Larry King - Sep 10, 2010
- Piers Morgan exits America's Got Talent judging panel - Nov 11, 2011
- Is Piers Morgan going to replace Larry King? - Jun 15, 2010
- Piers Morgan Officially Replaces Larry King - Sep 09, 2010
- James Corden to replace Piers Morgan? - Sep 13, 2010
- Piers Morgan replaces Larry King - Dec 16, 2010
- Simon Cowell brokered a secret deal with CNN and Morgan - Jul 05, 2010
- 2.24 million people tune in to Larry King's last show - Dec 19, 2010
- Piers Morgan set to earn up to $8m from 3-yr CNN deal - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: america s got talent, american idol, british television, cnn, dey, jon klein, larry king, larry king live, madhuri, media giant, media source, media sources, negotiation, new opportunities, piers morgan, president jon, retirement, simon cowell, talents, television personality