Simon Cowell rakes in PS250,000 a day from chart toppersDecember 19th, 2008 - 3:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 19 (ANI): Music mogul Simon Cowell is said to have been raking in 250,000 pounds a day from this years Christmas chart-toppers.
His music label is not only profiting from X Factor winner Alexandra Burkes Hallelujah, but also from rights to the legendary version by Jeff Buckley, and the original by veteran songwriter Leonard Cohen, 74.
All three tracks are among the top ten, with insiders saying Burke, 20, is at No 1, Buckley at No 2 and Cohen in the Top 10.
Its win, win, win! This is an amazing coup, even for Simon, the Daily Star quoted a source as saying.
His label Syco Music, which is a subsidiary of Sony BMG, automatically represents all the X Factor winners, giving Cowell, who is in Barbados with his pal Sinitta, 40, the biggest Christmas bonus ever.
His music empire is raking in somewhere between 100,000 pounds and 250,000 pounds a day over the festive season, a source stated. (ANI)
- Simon Cowell earns $208,230 a day - Apr 14, 2011
- X Factor winners version of Leonard Cohen''s Hallelujah sets two new records - Dec 22, 2008
- Columbia dumps X-Factor winner Matt Cardle - May 22, 2012
- X Factor winner Alexandra Burke likens herself to Beyonce Knowles - Dec 27, 2008
- Lily Allen to be judge on UK X-Factor 2011? - Mar 06, 2011
- Simon Cowell calls cops after Leona Lewis' track leak - Aug 19, 2009
- Hallelujah! Burke takes top spot - Dec 23, 2008
- Simon Cowell 'to launch his own aftershave brand' - Oct 06, 2009
- Leona changed Simon's walkout plan - Aug 21, 2009
- Simon Cowell's four weddings - Apr 20, 2010
- Westlife part ways with Simon Cowell after 13 years - Mar 14, 2011
- Burke charged $46,000 for 15-minute performance - Sep 01, 2010
- Avicii takes singer Leona Lewis to court - Aug 09, 2011
- Simon Cowell still makes Alexandra Burke nervous - Oct 05, 2009
- Westlife split from Simon Cowell after 13 years - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: alexandra, barbados, burkes, chart toppers, christmas bonus, daily star, festive season, hallelujah, insiders, jeff buckley, leonard cohen, music empire, music label, music mogul, rakes, simon cowell, sony bmg, subsidiary of sony, veteran songwriter, x factor