Sikkim’s first ever Marwari film goes on floorMay 16th, 2009 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Gangtok, May 16 (IANS) “Khoto Sikko”, the first Marwari film to be made here highlighting the lives of the migrant Marwari community living in the state for generations, has gone on the floors. Producer-director Rakesh Somani says that the small budget family drama will create ripples at the box office.
“This is the first Marwari film being made by a Sikkimese. Marwari boy Raunak Somani from Gangtok plays the male lead. Sonia Seth, who is from Namchi in South Sikkim, is paired opposite him,” Somani, who is also directing the film, told reporters at the mahurat shot of the film Friday.
The film will be shot and made in Sikkim. B.P. Bagjai will work as the assistant director, while camerawork will be handled by Gechen Bhutia.
“The movies that are made in Jodhpur do not appeal to us who live in the Himalayan belt. There are many like us in the northeast region and other places who don’t understand the pure language used by the films that come out from Rajasthan. This is our film for our audiences,” said Somani, managing direcor of SK Audio vision Pvt Ltd.
Somani plans to wrap up the film this year and will have 80 percent of the shooting in the state. The rest will be shot in Rajasthan, Siliguri and Kakribhitta at Indo-Nepal border.
- Sikkim's first ever Marwari film completed in record time - Jun 21, 2009
- Bhutia appeals for help to the quake-hit - Sep 21, 2011
- Nepali filmmaker is in love with Sikkim - Jan 02, 2010
- Rural festival in Sikkim to promote village tourism - May 16, 2010
- Gangtok locals celebrate Pang Lhabsol festival - Aug 25, 2010
- One more screening of 'Sikkim' at Kolkata Film Festival - Nov 16, 2010
- Bhaichung Bhutia: A fairytale journey (Profile) - Aug 24, 2011
- 'Himmatwala' mahurat live relay no publicity stunt: Sajid - Aug 21, 2012
- The 107 caps of Bhaichung Bhutia (Career statistics) - Aug 24, 2011
- Ban on Satyajit Ray's film 'Sikkim' lifted - Sep 18, 2010
- United Sikkim FC qualify for I-League - Apr 17, 2012
- Sikkimese killed in US massacre was nursing student - Apr 03, 2012
- Trade picks up in Gangtok during Dalai Lama's visit - Dec 23, 2010
- Local boy Nim Tshering Lepcha to lead United Sikkim - Jul 13, 2011
- Weather Gods Delay Double Dhamaal - Sep 10, 2010