Siddharth Malhotra goes back to TV after ‘We Are Family’October 9th, 2010 - 9:37 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 9 (IANS) The big screen experiment over, “We Are Family” director Siddharth Malhotra is back to his first love, television, and says he will bring four serials by the end of the year.
Siddharth, son of actor-producer Prem Kishen, worked in television for 15 years and produced serials like “Sanjivani”, “Ssshhhh…Koi Hai….”, “Ayushmaan” and “Krishna-Arjun” under his banner Cinevistaas Limited.
“It’s not just one show on Sony that I am coming up with. Two of my shows are already on air in the south and three more are ready to come by the end of this year in collaboration with the STAR networks,” Siddharth told IANS in an interview.
“The shows in collaboration with the STAR network are in the pipeline; of the three, two are romantic-comedies and one is a thriller.”
Asked what the difference was in the formats of the show, he said: “Earlier television was progressive, now it is regressive. The concept of the one-hour show has vanished in the present time. There is a lot of emphasis on the pre-production stage, which was never done on such a big scale though it is very important.”
His latest offering for the small screen is a thriller titled “Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Nata Koi”. Shot in Manali, the show is about a damsel-in-distress with a suspense angle and will go on air on Sony from Monday.
“It’s about a girl who finds her partner in the wrong person, who is supposedly her enemy. She eventually discovers that she has a past with him, which has been kept away from her,” he said.
In terms of content and technology, Siddharth claims his serial is no less than a film.
“This show is not less than a movie because it’s edgy and fast in its approach. The use of digital format and high definition quality techniques have widened its scale. Also, the team behind the camera is very qualified and strong.”
There were reports that he would bring together real life uncle-niece Rishi Kapoor alongside Kareena Kapoor in his next big screen project.
But Siddharth denies it saying: “It’s all made up. It’s rubbish. I haven’t approached Rishiji or Kareena for any film. Though I would love to cast if the script demands in future. But the reports which are rotating as of now are all false.
“I am currently working on a script which will at least take six months to get completed. I am not working on any movie as of now and have put everything on hold till year-end.”
However, he confirms his contract with filmmaker Karan Johar hasn’t expired yet.
“Yes, I will be working with Karan Johar; that is because I am in contract with him.”
- 'Maano ya na maano', small screen horror is back - Jul 26, 2012
- Rucha returns to small screen with 'Rang Badalti Odhani' - May 13, 2010
- David Dhawan's son launched on dad's birthday - Aug 16, 2011
- After 'Bigg Boss', I hope I'm as lucky as Shilpa: Vindu Dara Singh - Dec 27, 2009
- 'SOTY' huge responsibility for Karan Johar - Aug 12, 2012
- 'We Are Family' homage to both Soorajji and Karan: Siddharth Malhotra - Aug 11, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan's Generosity To Karan - Aug 11, 2010
- Acting is cool, but hosting is so much fun: Mona Singh - Aug 15, 2010
- Kareena, Imran pairing USP of 'Ek Main...': Karan - Dec 15, 2011
- Bollywood overlooked Isha Sharvani's talent: KJo - Jul 06, 2012
- I want to inspire women, says Mona Singh - Jun 23, 2012
- No premiere for 'SOTY', thanks to extensive promotional activities - Sep 05, 2012
- Vindu Dara Singh wins 'Bigg Boss 3' - Dec 27, 2009
- Kajol has always been lucky for me: Karan Johar - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled despite cuts, Bollywood furious (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: arjun, ayushmaan, damsel in distress, family director, first love, high definition, kareena kapoor, krishna, malhotra, New Delhi, pipeline, present time, production stage, quality techniques, rishi kapoor, romantic comedies, serials, star network, uncle niece, wrong person