Sick Rubina Ali spends night on hospital floorMay 23rd, 2009 - 12:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 23 (ANI): ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ child star Rubina Ali had to spend a night sleeping on the floor of an Indian hospital after her slum home was bulldozed.
The nine-year-old star suffered from flu after spending two days homeless on the streets of Mumbai.
She was taken to the nearby Bhaba hospital, but because there were no beds left she had to lie in the arms of her aunt Mohidin on the floor.
“Rubina was out in the hot sun when they knocked down our home and then was exposed to the humid night,” the Sun quoted dad Rafiq Qureshi as saying.
“It was extremely stressful for all my family and I am not surprised that this caught up with my daughter,” he added.
However, Rubina has been discharged from hospital and is currently staying in a cramped house. (ANI)
- Bandra's 'Millionaire' star remains at neighbour's mercy - Mar 07, 2011
- 'Slumdog' kids back in shanties - with Oscar dreams - Mar 02, 2011
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- Slumdog's Rubina to be homeless soon - Oct 07, 2009
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child actress Rubina Ali loses home in a fire - Mar 08, 2011
- Slumdog Millionaire's child star's family home destroyed in huge fire - Mar 05, 2011
- Fire rages through 'Slumdog Millionaire' actors' previous homes - Mar 05, 2011
- From slums to queen of suburbs, Rubina Ali goes places (With Image) - Oct 16, 2011
- 'Slumdog' star Rubina up for sale, father asks for 200,000 pounds - Apr 19, 2009
- All gone in fire, grieves 'Slumdog' star Rubina Ali - Mar 05, 2011
- Cops: No evidence against 'Slumdog' dad - Apr 23, 2009
- 'Slumdog' actor Rubina gets New Year flat gift from Danny Boyle - Dec 31, 2009
- 'Slumdog' kids Ismail and Rubina gifted flats (Lead) - Feb 25, 2009
- Slumdog star Rubina Ali shoots Schweppes ad with Nicole Kidman - May 07, 2009
- Father of Slumdog star Rubina Ali arrested - Apr 21, 2009