Sick Morrissey scarps world tour openingMarch 1st, 2009 - 1:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 1 (ANI): Morrissey has cancelled the first dates of his world tour due to illness, it has emerged.
The former Smiths frontman was set to kick off the jaunt on Saturday in Boca Raton, Florida, but he scrapped the gig, along with four other shows in the state, in Orlando, Jacksonville and St. Petersburg, after reportedly falling ill.
No details on Morrissey’’s condition were available, reports The Daily Express.
The tour is now set to begin on March 6 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and run through July 1 with a performance in Russia.
After a short stint in the punk rock band The Nosebleeds in the late 1970s, Morrissey rose to prominence in the 1980s as the lyricist and vocalist of the alternative rock band The Smiths.
After the band’’s break-up in 1987, Morrissey began a solo career, in which he continued the jangle pop sound of The Smiths. (ANI)
- Bono's back injury costs insurers $18m - Jul 24, 2010
- Morrisseys difficulties during world tour - Mar 07, 2009
- Won't never be solo artist: Adam Levine - May 21, 2012
- Former 'Warrant' lead singer Jani Lane found dead at Los Angeles hotel - Aug 12, 2011
- Morrissey cancels more shows due to illness after b'day gig - May 26, 2009
- Libertines to record new romantic album - Sep 19, 2010
- Ill Nino Cancels Tour - Jul 30, 2010
- Justin Bieber tops 'Most Bizarre Concert Cancellations' poll - Aug 14, 2010
- I am Lazy: Noel Gallagher - Aug 01, 2011
- Morrissey slams Royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Guns N' Roses To Be On Major US Tour - Jul 22, 2010
- Morrissey, Johnny Marr getting back together for Smiths reunion? - Dec 11, 2008
- US rock group My Chemical Romance win two NME awards - Feb 25, 2011
- Neil Young announces his US tour - Mar 15, 2011
- Ambitious project to lift a generation of sea turtles out of oil spill's way - Jul 06, 2010
Tags: 1980s, alternative rock band, boca raton florida, daily express, first dates, frontman, jangle pop, jaunt, lyricist, morrissey, myrtle beach south carolina, nosebleeds, pop sound, prominence, punk rock band, scarps, smiths, solo career, stint, vocalist