Shweta in New York with brother Abhishek for RakhiAugust 14th, 2008 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 14 (IANS) Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan’s elder sister Shweta Nanda is in New York to celebrate Raksha Bandhan, which falls this Saturday. “Shweta, my daughter, has come to be with us and to see the show, but more importantly to be with her brother on Raksha Bandhan,” their father, veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan, informed on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
Rakhi celebrates the bonding between brothers and sisters. On this occasion, sisters tie a thread on the wrists of brothers, who in turn renew their vow to protect them for life.
“What an endearing tradition Rakhi is. This bond of togetherness between brother and sister… this pledge to protect her and the affection from the sister with her blessings to the brother,” Amitabh added.
The actor also spoke about the emerging tradition of ‘Rakhi sisters and brothers’ through which a brother-sister bond is maintained without having any blood connection.
“How wonderful to be able to nurture such emotion and to relate to it for the rest of our lives. The emergence of ‘Rakhi brothers and sisters’ has been so unique in our society. And many a time it has worked stronger than the one that has been ordained by birth. Unfortunate, but true,” he concluded.
- Mamata ties rakhi on officials, journalists - Aug 13, 2011
- Women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 01, 2012
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with fervour - Aug 02, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- Delhi women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 23, 2010
- Maharashtra celebrates Raksha Bandhan with fervour - Aug 24, 2010
- Rakhi highlights importance of women in Indian society: PM - Aug 12, 2011
- Fun, cheer on Raksha Bandhan in Lucknow - Aug 13, 2011
- Musical or cartoon rakhi - take your pick this Raksha Bandhan (Raksha Bandhan is on Aug 2) (With Images) - Jul 27, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with gaiety - Aug 13, 2011
- School kids send 60,000 handmade rakhis to soldiers - Jul 28, 2011
- PM greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 04, 2009
- Forget threads and beads - invest in gold, diamond rakhi (Feature) - Aug 12, 2011
- Rakhi celebrated in Pakistan - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, affection, amitabh bachchan, blessings, brother and sister, brother sister, brothers and sisters, elder sister, emergence, emotion, many a time, New Delhi, rakhi, raksha bandhan, rest of our lives, shweta nanda, sisters and brothers, togetherness, veteran actor, vow