Shubha Mudgal’s music fest to host conclaveJanuary 11th, 2012 - 2:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 11 (IANS) Singer Shubha Mudgal and tabla maestro Aneesh Pradhan’s annual music festival will introduce a conclave this time that will address various issues plaguing the music industry.
The fourth edition of Baajaa Gaajaa — Music from 21st century India — will be held Feb 10-12 in Pune.
The panelists at the conclave will include prominent names from the world of music, films, literature and technology like Amol Palekar, Imtiaz Ali, Sujoy Ghosh, Shantanu Moitra and Kiran Nagarkar.
The conclave will witness daylong discussions on various themes relating to Indian music, including the challenges and opportunities that are presented by digital technology, a press statement said.
The music fest will see performances and acts by over 100 artists from various genres of music. It will be inaugurated by writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar.
“Each year we try and present a wide variety of musical styles and genres at the Baajaa Gaajaa festival, and yet there is always more to choose from for the next edition of the festival. It almost seems that we will need to organise several Baajaa Gaajaa festivals in different parts of the country to fulfil this need” Mudgal said.
It will witness performances by artists from all genres of music like rock, blues, jazz, Hindustani vocal and instrumental music, Carnatic vocal and instrumental music, as well as folk music from different parts of the country.
- India losing music genres due to Bollywood: Shubha Mudgal (Interview) - Jan 27, 2012
- Shubha Mudgal to perform for cause - Mar 24, 2012
- The face of India at Edinburgh fest (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Classical Music Concerts In Store For Mumbaikars Next Month! - Nov 29, 2010
- Mudgal's voice creates magic at cancer patients' fundraiser - Aug 29, 2010
- 33 young artists honoured with Bismillah award - Aug 11, 2010
- Father-son percussion saga: bound by beats of two eras - Sep 01, 2011
- Asha Bhosle, Gulzar named among 10 People of The Year - Jan 31, 2012
- Chandigarh organizes its maiden Art and Heritage Festival - Mar 30, 2009
- 'Dabangg' sweeps GIMA with six awards - Sep 23, 2011
- GIMA set for a confluence of all musical styles - Sep 13, 2011
- Egypt brings new fusion culture package to India (With Image) - Jan 31, 2012
- Some give, some take for Mexican pianists in India - Nov 20, 2010
- Asha compares Ravi Shankar's looks to Tagore - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: amol palekar, aneesh, annual music festival, baajaa, blues jazz, conclave, genres of music, ghosh, indian music, instrumental music, javed akhtar, kiran nagarkar, music fest, music films, musical styles and genres, shantanu moitra, shubha mudgal, sujoy, tabla maestro, world of music