Shubangi Atre is looking at different kind of rolesMay 21st, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
After Kasturi, Shubangi Atre is looking at different kind of roles . “As an actor, there is no full stop you have to keep experimenting. She also does not feel that she will get type cast after playing a lead character “Unlike other actors, I am looking at good work and not necessarily lead character’s alone . Luckily television is also changing, we are no longer restricted to the family genre. Although woman wore saris the stuff that went around was not really a part of Indian culture, Multiple affair ,scheming etc.
Ask her about Kasturi ending and the hurt shows” Obviously I am disappointed , anybody will be after playing the same character for 2 and half years. Even now whenever I go out people still call me by my character’s name . I was very close with most of the caste especially Rupa Ganguly who played my mom. On the Balaji show, ending when it did , she says”, It could have gone on. But having said that I also feel that rather then changing the time slot, they could have finished the story there and then”
For once she spoke about her problems with co star Karan Patel.” We come from 2 completely opposite worlds. I hail from a middle class Brahmin family, with a different set of values. But I have always respected him for his acting. Even now when I see the old scenes, I have to admit that he was good. The most important thing was that despite our differences, we did not let it affect our work. As professionals our work is paramount, many of the times, I was in a bad mood due to problems at home, yet I had to act happy so acting is not easy”.
When told about Karan’s statement that he carried the show on his shoulders despite it being a female oriented show ,she says “Well what can I say except that I was blessed to have such a talented co- star”.
Besides TV she would not mind doing films as well. “There are a few projects lets see if they materialize. I have the full support of my husband which is a big help. -Sampurn Media
- Shubhangi Atre's special bond with Rupa Ganguly! - Sep 22, 2010
- Curtains down on 'Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli' - Jul 10, 2012
- I can play any role, even a man: Shefali Shah - Jun 13, 2011
- My religion is music: Manasi Parekh - Jul 15, 2012
- TV actor Shubhangi wants to follow in Konkona's footsteps - Feb 19, 2010
- No work, all colourful play on Holi, say TV actors - Mar 06, 2012
- Rumi, myth and cricket on book shelf (IANS Books This Week) - Oct 20, 2011
- Naseer-Roopa in Usha Uthup's music video - Mar 27, 2012
- Experiments work in films, not in TV: Ram Kapoor (Interview) - May 25, 2011
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Don't want to only do remakes: Hrithik Roshan - Jan 13, 2012
- Unlike Balika Vadhu, Kashi has a social message: Jannat - Apr 10, 2010
- Big B shocked to hear about Yuvraj (Movie Snippets) - Feb 06, 2012
- 'With Karan Johar till I'm kicked out' - Sep 11, 2010
- Ranbir assures 'no disability' in 'Barfi' - Jul 03, 2012