Shruti Haasan’s dates with daddy (Film Snippets)May 13th, 2009 - 9:38 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 13 (IANS) Tamil superstar Kamal Haasan’s daughter Shruti Haasan, who will soon be seen in “Luck”, is one busy girl even before her debut film releases. Her dad is the one who has booked her dates.
Shruti, 23, has been roped in to compose the music for Kamal Haasan’s upcoming Tamil film “Unnaipol Oruvan”, a Tamil remake of critically acclaimed Hindi film “A Wednesday”.
Shruti is busy composing the music in Chennai and as soon as that’s over, she’ll be back in Mumbai to promote Soham Shah’s “Luck”, which is being produced by Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd and also stars Imran Khan.
From the looks of it, Shruti is not just multi-faceted, she knows how to multi-task too.
Why wasn’t I cast with my wife before, asks Rohit Roy
Bollywood actor Rohit Roy is extremely excited about being paired with his wife Mansi Joshi in Sanjay Gupta’s “Alibaug”, but wonders why they weren’t cast together for any project all these years.
“I was surprised that no one had still cast the two of us together for a film, but I guess the saying that ‘you save the best for the last’ suits us best now,” Rohit told IANS.
Rohit, who plays a doctor who cheats on his wife in “Alibaug”, says: “I have always believed that Mansi is the actor in the family. Actually I am the star and she is the actor.”
Model-actress Nethra Raghuraman swears by her books
She lives in the pages of her books. Model-actress Nethra Raghuraman, who hit the screen in 1999 with Govind Nihalani’s “Takshak”, says her role model is the rebel architect Howard Roark from Ayn Rand’s bestseller “The Fountainhead” who built skyscrapers in the US 75 years ago.
“I want to be like Howard Roark - he is an epitome of a person who has no malice towards anyone, no hatred. He loves his work and loves his woman. I want to have a love like him, which demands possession and ownership,” Nethra told IANS, when queried about her other big love in life apart from acting and modelling.
The model was in the city to walk the ramp for a fashion event showcasing jewellery by Surya Gold and Swarovski Elements.
“I have also read Ayn Rand’s ‘Atlas Shrugged’. Again, it’s a book that teaches you a lot. But it is not like ‘Fountainhead’ - I somehow lost track of it in the middle,” she said.
Nethra also swears by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. “I just could not put down ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’. There is something about the book that touches.”
She reads almost anywhere and everywhere. Currently, Nethra is reading “The Tale of the Rose”, a love story by French author Consuelo de Saint-Exupery. “And I am loving the book.”
The actress, who is heading to US for a vacation, said she would sign a new film after she returns in June.
It’s extremely easy working with international artistes: Farah Khan
Choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan, who has made international artistes like Shakira and Kylie Minogue dance to her tunes, says working with foreign actors is a delight and extremely easy.
“It is very easy to work with international artistes. They are more than cooperative and rehearse well before the shoot. Working with Kylie (Minogue) was a pure delight. She rehearsed for the song for two-three days, was always on time and was so disciplined. I’ve never faced a problem working with a non-Indian,” Farah told IANS.
The 44-year-old has also been roped in to choreograph a song in an Italian film called “Oggi Spossi”.
- Rohit Roy Will Not Work With Wife Anymore! - Dec 03, 2010
- Ayn Rand fan 'writes' world's longest 12000-mile message with GPS logger - Aug 14, 2010
- Poonam Dhillon shooting for Prabhu Deva's next - Aug 24, 2012
- Hrithik completes a decade of married life (Movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2010
- Shruti Haasan learns guitar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 19, 2012
- Akshay, Salman to shoot together (Movie Snippets) - Sep 14, 2010
- Why Is Shruti Haasan Feeling Nostalgic? - Dec 18, 2010
- Farah relieved after promos of 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jun 14, 2012
- Shruti Haasan admits getting nose-job - Feb 23, 2012
- Shruti Haasan To Star Opposite Emran Hashmi In Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji - Jun 24, 2010
- Huntington-Whiteley obsessed with vintage lingerie - Aug 21, 2012
- 'There can't be another Rakhi Sawant' (movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- Oscar Winning Actress Patricia Neal Dies Age 84 - Aug 09, 2010
- Shah Rukh showers praise on Farah - Jul 24, 2012
- Bhandarkar signs Shruti, Emran for his first comedy - Jun 24, 2010
Tags: actor model, actor rohit roy, alibaug, ashtavinayak, ayn rand, bollywood actor, debut film, fountainhead, govind nihalani, howard roark, kamal haasan, model actress, nethra raghuraman, rohit roy, sanjay gupta, shruti haasan, soham shah, takshak, tamil film, vision ltd