‘Shootout at Wadala’ my most challenging film: Sanjay GuptaMay 1st, 2012 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 1 (IANS) His underworld drama “Shootout at Wadala” travels from 1978 to 1981 and director Sanajy Gupta says that creating the right background was a big challenge as everything has changed a lot in last three decades.
“It is the most challenging film which I have shot till date. It covers 1978-81. Everything has changed, including Mumbai and getting that right was a difficult task,” Gupta, who made “Kaante”, “Zinda”, “Dus Kahaniyaan”, told reporters Tuesday.
The director has wielded the megaphone to narrate the story of Mumbai police’s first registered shootout in hwich they gunned down gangster Manya Surve in 1982. He has also scripted and produced the film.
The star cast of “Shootout at Wadala” seems to be quite a feast for the eyes - it stars Bollywood’s hunk John Abraham along with Anil Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor and Sonu Sood. They all look in perfect shape.
The movie franchise is evolving in India, and Gupta supports it and said: ” ‘Shootout At Wadala’ is also a franchise. It is difficult to say exactly what it will be, but there will be another shootout soon. But we will only make one when we are convinced of the strong story.”
Gupta had produced 2007 gangster drama “Shootout At Lokhandwala”, which was directed by Apoorva Lakhia.
- 'Talaash' pushes 'Shootout At Wadala' release to 2013 - May 02, 2012
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- I'm super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu Sood - Apr 18, 2012
- Sanjay Gupta gets nod for character names in '...Wadala' - Dec 21, 2011
- Ronit models role on party-busting cop - Jun 26, 2012
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Sanajay Gupta moves on without Sanjay Dutt! - Mar 01, 2012
- John Abraham goes lean for 'Shootout At Wadala' - Feb 20, 2012
- Kangna follows Rekha, Smita's footsteps - Mar 19, 2012
- I researched a lot about Manya Surve: John Abraham - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- 'Shootout...' was not possible without 'Dongri to Dubai': Gupta - May 11, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' to release May Day in 2013 - Aug 16, 2012
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta booked for forgery - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: anil kapoor, bollywood, feast, franchise, gangster, hunk, India, john abraham, last three decades, megaphone, mumbai police, perfect shape, sanjay gupta, shootout at lokhandwala, sonu sood, surve, travels, tusshar kapoor, underworld drama