‘Sholay’ action sequences looking great in 3D: Deepa SahiSeptember 6th, 2011 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 6 (IANS) Filmmaker Deepa Sahi will bring out 3D version of 1975 classic “Sholay” and says whatever little action sequence they have finished, they are looking promising.
“We are doing ‘Sholay’ in 3D. My studio (Maya Digital Studio) is working on it. It’s a very exciting project. I saw some parts that we have already finished, they are looking awesome. I saw Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra’s train sequence, firing bullets - it is in 3D and it is looking great,” Sahi told IANS in an interview.
Directed by Ramesh Sippy, “Sholay” set a milestone in the history of Indian cinema.
Sahi, who made her acting debut with Govind Nihalani’s 1984 movie “Party”, is still remembered for romancing Shah Rukh Khan in the 1993 release “Maya Memsaab”.
She is not sure how long it would take them to complete the 3D version of “Sholay” as they have completed only 12 minutes of the 204-minute action thriller.
“I don’t know when we will be able to release it. We have just finished converting 12 minutes of it,” said the 45-year-old.
The actor-turned-producer is also making her directorial debut witha comedy “Tere Mere Phere”, which stars Vinay Pathak and Riya Sen.
- Deepa Sahi ready with her directorial debut 'Tere Mere Phere' - Jan 10, 2011
- Deepa's quality of work surprises husband Ketan Mehta - Sep 12, 2011
- Get ready for action, thrill, comedy this Friday - Sep 26, 2011
- Jalota sings Sufi-club song for 'Tere Mere Phere' - Sep 18, 2011
- Indian animation industry ready to take off: Ketan Mehta (Interview) - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Tere Mere Phere' - a mismatched comedy (IANS Movie Review, Rating: * 1/2) - Sep 30, 2011
- In a man's world, Shivi Kashyap aims to stand tall - Sep 22, 2011
- It's taken me 25 years to direct a film: Deepa Sahi (Interview) - Feb 06, 2009
- Ramayana - The Epic Indian animation comes of age - Aug 25, 2010
- Deepa Sahi’s Directorial Debut To Offer A Comic Look Of Marriage - Jan 11, 2011
- 35 years on, the 'Sholay' fire still burns - Jul 24, 2010
- Single-window clearance for film shooting in Himachal - May 05, 2011
- 'Titanic' in 3D -- Indian fans excited, experts doubtful - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Ramayana - The Epic' Indian animation comes of age - Sep 06, 2010
- Ali Zafar busy shooting his third Hindi film - Aug 21, 2011
Tags: action sequence, action sequences, action thriller, amitabh bachchan, bullets, comedy, deepa sahi, dharmendra, directorial debut, govind nihalani, indian cinema, memsaab, milestone, riya sen, shah rukh khan, sholay, train sequence, vinay pathak