Shobhaa De takes a dig at Cannes-returned Minissha (Movie Snippets)May 19th, 2011 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Columnist and novelist Shobhaa De, known for her sharp tongue, took a dig at Bollywood actress Minissha Lamba, who was detained by customs authorities in Mumbai airport for carrying undeclared jewellery worth Rs.50 lakh while returning from her much-hyped visit to the Cannes International Film Festival.
“Poor Minissha: Lamba race ki ghodi or lame duck? Warning to other Bollywood wannabes to leave those borrowed rocks at home. Dazzle wt yr talent (sic),” De posted on her Twitter page.
Minissha, who was in Cannes to attend the premiere of Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris”, was detained at the Mumbai international airport Wednesday.
De has had a history of tweeting about Bollywood celebrities, and has previously taken digs at director Punit Malhotra, actress Sonam Kapoor and actor-producer Arbaaz Khan.
I will go back to TV: Priyanka Chopra
She created a rage with her daredevil attitude and funky wardrobe as the host of the last season of “Khatron Ke Khiladi”, but Priyanka Chopra has no regrets whatsoever about having no time to take up TV this year. She hopes to be back on the small screen in the future.
“I will go back to TV when the right opportunity presents itself and if I have the time in between my film commitments, which are my priority,” Priyanka told IANS.
The fourth season of the show is being hosted by Bollywood’s original ‘Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi’ Akshay Kumar, who hosted its first and second seasons as well.
“I have no regrets that I couldn’t make it this year. I wanted to do something different last year and KKK was presented to me. I had the time and I did it. This year I am very busy with shooting for five diverse films, which I am enjoying thoroughly,” she added.
Priyanka has been busy shooting for the “Agneepath” remake, after which Kunal Kohli’s next venture, in which she will feature with Shahid Kapoor, will take up her time. She also has “Don 2″, “Krrish 2″ and “Barfee” in the pipeline.
Raveena had said no to ‘Bbuddah…’
Actress Raveena Tandon has warned her fans not to have high expectations from her forthcoming film “Bbuddah-Hoga Terra Baap” and reveals that she had first refused the film.
“Hey guys, doing a film ‘Bbuddah…Hoga Terra Baap’, it is a comedy, but don’t expect much from me in that. I’m there just as a friendly appearance,” Raveena posted on her Twitter page.
The national award-winning actress is more than glad that she got the chance to work with megastar Amitabh Bachchan and filmmaker Puri Jagannath with the film.
“Just to work with Amitji again is pure joy!! Puri sir is super to work with! Initially I’d said no to the film, but I’m glad I eventually did it, because the unit is one of the nicest I’ve worked with,” she added.
The 36-year-old had last worked with Amitabh in “Aks” in 2001.
- Raveena's best Valentine's Day - Feb 08, 2012
- Raveena signs movie with Sanjay Dutt - Jun 21, 2011
- Amitabh adopts 'A Capella' for 'Bbuddah...' song - May 27, 2011
- Raveena turns singer for 'Ginn Liya Aasmaan' - May 28, 2012
- Raveena set for dance number in 'Bbuddah...'(Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2011
- Raveena brushes up Marathi for 'Gin Liya Aasman' - Nov 30, 2011
- Matching dance steps with younger lot a nightmare for me: Big B - Apr 28, 2011
- Raveena in animated version of 'Andaz Apna Apna' - Dec 10, 2011
- No dance, Akshay wants action movie with Hrithik (Movie Snippets) - May 18, 2011
- Sonal Chauhan awestruck by Big B's 'Bbuddah…' look - Jun 25, 2011
- Wanted to prove Big B is not old: Director (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- I wanted to prove that Big B is not old: Jagannath (Interview, With Image) - Jun 30, 2011
- Raveena addicted to 'D.K. Bose' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 26, 2011
- Big B tweaked uncomfortable parts in his role in 'Bbuddah…' - Jun 24, 2011
- Was waiting to do children's film: Raveena (Movie Snippets) - Dec 05, 2011
Tags: agneepath, akshay kumar, arbaaz khan, bollywood celebrities, cannes international film festival, customs authorities, international film festival, khiladi, kunal kohli, lame duck, midnight in paris, minissha lamba, mumbai airport, priyanka chopra, shahid kapoor, sharp tongue, shobhaa de, sonam kapoor, woody allen, worth rs