Shiv Pandit ecstatic after landing lead role in Tamil movieMay 25th, 2011 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) TV actor Shiv Pandit is on a new high after bagging a lead role in Tamil film “Leelai” and says he is perhaps the first male outsider to get such an important chance in a Tamil movie.
“I have done a lead role in Tamil film called ‘Leelai’. It is produced by a very famous Oscar Ravichandran, who produced Kamal Hasan’s ‘Dashavatar’. I must be the first outsider who made his debut as a lead actor in down south,” Shiv told IANS.
“Normally, girls from outside get a break there. Heroes are normally from there (Tamil movie industry). When I was given an opportunity where such a big producer was launching me, it was big thing for me,” he added.
The actor will also be seen in a lead role in producer Anurag Kashyap and director Bejoy Nambiar’s “Shaitan”, coming out June 10.
A romantic comedy, “Leelai” is directed by Andrew Vasanth Louis and another popular television actor Mansi Parekh, currently seen in the title role in Star Plus’ show “Gulaal”, plays the female lead in the film.
“It’s a rom-com. I had been launched as a lead over there. The girl opposite me is Mansi. She is also from Mumbai,” said the 29-year-old actor.
Asked how the role came to him, Shiv said: “I did an ad for Airtel and it became very popular there. Then they sort of liked me and auditioned me. They really needed a fresh face and I was signed. When such a big producer approached me, my obvious answer was ‘yes’,” he said.
Shiv started his career on television with Sab TV’s comedy show “F.I.R” where he played a corrupt cop.
The release date of ‘Leelai’ is yet to be decided but it’s expected sometime in June or July.
- Viveik out of 'Shootout At Wadala' - Jan 14, 2012
- Actor Shiv Pandit unhurt in accident - May 12, 2011
- Actor Shiv Pandit picks new art - rolling joints! (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Kissing scene with Kalki Koechlin was shocker: Co-actress - May 14, 2011
- Bejoy Nambiar's next will be gangster-comedy - Jun 21, 2011
- Hindi film industry wastes too much money: Anurag Kashyap - May 09, 2011
- Fresh faced: Bollywood maps new terrain (With Images) - May 19, 2011
- Is 'Shaitan' a revamped version of Kashyap's 'Paanch'? - May 31, 2011
- Bejoy Nambiar teams up with Ekta Kapoor - Jun 07, 2012
- Tabu wraps up 'David' - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Shaitan' aggressive, violent promo out - Apr 29, 2011
- Rajat Barmecha shows dark side in 'Shaitan' - Apr 28, 2011
- Neil to work with 'Shaitan' director (Movie Snippets) - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Shaitan' doesn't intend to have shock value: Gulshan Devaiya - May 30, 2011
- 'David' is incredible: Neil Nitin Mukesh - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: airtel, bejoy nambiar, comedy show, corrupt cop, ecstatic, heroes, kamal hasan, kashyap, lead role, leelai, mansi, movie industry, outsider, ravichandran, release date, romantic comedy, sab tv, television actor, tv actor, vasanth