Shirish won’t enjoy watching me with someone else: FarahJuly 26th, 2012 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 26 (IANS) Farah Khan says her family has supported her in her acting debut “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi”, but she isn’t sure if her husband Shirish Kunder would go and see the film.
“Shirish, of course, encouraged me a lot, but I don’t know whether he is ready to see the movie because he is not one of the husbands who would enjoy watching his wife holding hands with someone else. So I am not pushing him for it,” Farah said here.
Her kids - triplets son Czar, and daughters Diva and Anya - gave mixed reactions to her new role as an actress.
“My kids are too young (4 years old), but my son didn’t like watching me wearing a skirt and dancing around. He couldn’t handle it. He used to say ‘Yeh mumma nahi chahiye (I don’t want this mother)’.
“So I used to go home and remove all the make up. The girls were very excited and said ‘Wear this only’, but my son used to get very psyched,” she said.
The choreographer-turned-director-turned-actress says she had to step out of her comfort zone to essay Shirin in the film.
“To look like Shirin was not my comfort zone. Wearing Parsi ladies’ clothes… I was at the fattest for that movie and nobody asked me to lose weight. I just said I will tell people I was asked to put on weight for the role, but that is not true,” she said.
Farah also could not relate to the make-up, heels, costumes and “sitting with the fake nails”.
Directed by Bela Sehgal, “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi” features Boman Irani opposite Farah. The film will release Aug 24.
- Farah got kiss scene removed from 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jul 27, 2012
- Without Shirish's support, couldn't have acted: Farah - Jun 20, 2012
- Mom-in-law upset with Farah Khan - Aug 07, 2012
- Farah relieved after promos of 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jun 14, 2012
- Farah Khan turns item girl! - Jul 13, 2012
- I'm not comfortable with romantic scenes: Boman Irani - Jul 28, 2012
- Everybody fights and reunites, why criticise us: Farah - Jul 31, 2012
- Boman romances Farah in 'Shirin...' at wife's behest - Aug 22, 2012
- 'Heroine' gets A-certificate (Movie Snippets) - Jul 14, 2012
- Farah, Boman's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' moment - Jul 17, 2012
- We all want Sanjay to get married: Bela Sehgal - Jun 22, 2012
- When Farah danced to Geeta's tune - Jul 15, 2012
- Shah Rukh showers praise on Farah - Jul 24, 2012
- I almost fainted when Shirin's role was offered: Farah - May 31, 2012
- Karan Johar not keen on making legendary love stories - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,