‘Shirdi Sai’ first Telugu film to release in Africa: Nagarjuna (Interview)September 5th, 2012 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 5 (IANS) Southern superstar Nagarjuna says his “Shirdi Sai” will be the first Telugu film to release in Africa and that the story will be uplifting and touching.
Directed by K. Raghavendra Rao, the film is releasing in around 800 screens globally Thursday.
“‘Shirdi Sai’ is the first Telugu film to release in Africa as it is home to thousands of Sai devotees. The film is also releasing in many other countries where previously no Telugu films were screened”, Nagarjuna told IANS over phone from Hyderabad and added that “the film will be uplifting and touching.”
Shot in about 60 days, “Shirdi Sai” will be highly message-oriented and spiritual.
“Though it sounds cliched, but I’m fortunate to get these kinds of roles. I’m very excited. I will be carrying forward the legacy of my previous films ‘Annamayya’ and ‘Sri Ramadasu’, also directed by K. Raghavendra Rao”, said the 53-year old.
Almost 80 percent of the shoot happened at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, including dubbing, VFX and digital processing.
The cast also includes Srikanth, Srihari and Kamalinee Mukherjee in key roles.
This is dailogue-writer Paruchuri Brothers’ 333rd film. M.M.keeravani has composed the music for the movie.
Meanwhile, Nagarjuna’s “Damarukam” is almost done and will enter post production very soon, while his “Love Story” will be wrapped up by November and will hit screens during Makar Sankranti.
- 'Shirdi Sai' breath of fresh air (Telugu Movie Review) - Sep 06, 2012
- 'Damarukam' treat for Nagarjuna's fans - Sep 11, 2012
- 'Shiv Shiv' Nagarjuna's favourite from 'Damarukam' album - Sep 11, 2012
- 'Damarukam' release pushed to Oct 19 (Southern Movie Snippets) - Sep 08, 2012
- Anaganaga O Dheerudu: Get Ready To Hear The Sound Of The Movie From This Weekend - Dec 16, 2010
- Police begin investigations against Nagarjuna - Oct 02, 2011
- 'Jummandi Naada' - old wine in an old bottle (Telugu Movie Review) - Jul 04, 2010
- Devi Sri hopes to hit hattrick with 'Damarukam' album - Sep 09, 2012
- I'm doing Telugu version of 'Vicky Donor': Madhura Sreedhar - Sep 13, 2012
- Three Generations Of Akkineni Family In A Telugu Film - Aug 04, 2010
- 'Sri Rama Rajyam' a must watch (Telugu Movie Review) - Nov 20, 2011
- Animated film on Shirdi Sai Baba to spread love, brotherhood - Oct 17, 2011
- Venky Warriors Beat Balayya Lions In Tollywood T20 - Jun 13, 2010
- Rich visuals, top-class technology makes 'Anaganaga...' a must watch (Telugu Movie Review) - Jan 16, 2011
- 'Simha' slated for release as Sankrati gift - Nov 25, 2009
Tags: africa, annamayya, annapurna, hyderabad, kamalinee mukherjee, legacy, love story, makar sankranti, music, nagarjuna, previous films, raghavendra rao, sai devotees, screens, srihari, superstar, telugu film, telugu films, vfx