Shiney, Soha secretly shoot for ‘Accident’ in GoaMay 6th, 2009 - 8:57 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 6 (IANS) Actors Soha Ali Khan and Shiney Ahuja are back together as a pair on screen after “Khoya Khoya Chand”, but their new film is being shot secretly and as quickly as possible in Goa.
Though it is being produced by Pritish Nandy Communications (PNC), the production house didn’t make any announcement about the film that is tentatively titled “Accident”.
Asked about the project, Pritish Nandy said: “How did you hear about it? Yes, we’re doing a start-to-finish quickie with Soha and Shiney in Goa. It’s tentatively titled ‘Accident’.”
The movie is being directed by ad filmmaker Abhijeet Chaudhuri, who had earlier made a Bengali film called “Patalghar” that won him a National Award. Chaudhuri has made ads for brands like Bata, Coca-Cola and Castrol.
Nandy said Chaudhuri was shooting the film quietly without any announcement in the wake of the ongoing economic recession.
“At a time when no new films are being announced and big films are suffering for finances, we don’t think it’s right to start a film with any fanfare. Better to do it quietly. We complete ‘Accident’ in 23 days,” Nandy told IANS.
However, there’s a deeper reason for “Accident” being shot in secrecy.
Apparently, the plot is a thriller where the intricate twists and turns could be revealed by anyone who overhears a dialogue or captures a shot on a mobile phone camera.
And the producers wanted to avoid giving the plot away. In fact, the entire cast and crew have been sworn into secrecy and told not to talk about the film at all.
Soha and Shiney were first brought together by Sudhir Mishra for his “Khoya Khoya Chand” in 2007. The film got critical acclaim but failed to make an impact at the box office.
- PNC Super-Secret Shiney-Soha Quickie Thriller In Goa - May 05, 2009
- Pritish Nandy Communication's The Accident will send a chill down your spines - Jun 20, 2009
- Actress Soha Ali Khan talks about her forthcoming films in Delhi - Jul 31, 2010
- Shiney hopes to shine again after 'Ghost' - Nov 28, 2011
- What happens to Shiney Ahuja's 'Hitman'? - Jun 18, 2009
- Industry, fans warmer to me than before: Shiney Ahuja (Interview) - Aug 26, 2012
- Pritish Nandy Communication's (PNC) Ek Tho Chance and Saluun win top awards at 43rd WorldFest Houston 2010 - May 13, 2010
- Remo abandons Vashu Bhagnani for next film? - Apr 09, 2011
- Pritish Nandy Communications wins award in Bangkok - Jul 16, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja Spoke To Subhash K Jha On Saturday At 5 Pm - Jun 16, 2009
- Soha in no hurry to team up with mom again (With Images) - May 12, 2010
- PNC's FATSO Selected For 13th Shanghai International Film Festival - May 28, 2010
- Sibling power rocks Bollywood (Aug 13 is Rakhi) - Aug 10, 2011
- Fatso in New York South Asian Film Festival 2009 - Oct 10, 2009
- Pritish Nandy Communications' Saluun to premiere at 33rd Cairo International Film Festival - Nov 04, 2009
Tags: ad filmmaker, bengali film, castrol, chaudhuri, critical acclaim, economic recession, fanfare, goa, khoya khoya chand, mishra, new film, new films, pnc, pritish nandy communications, quickie, secrecy, shiney ahuja, soha ali khan, subhash k jha, twists and turns