Shiney has been framed up, says wifeJune 17th, 2009 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 17 (IANS) Anupam Ahuja, the wife of Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja who is in police custody on the charge of raping his teenaged maid, maintains he has been framed up.
“I can’t answer anything about what the maid was thinking… It is a frame-up. He has been framed. Who is doing (what) and why someone is doing it… I can’t say. But truth will come out,” Anupam, who has known Shiney for 15 years, told the Times Now TV channel Wednesday.
“When there is no smoke, there is no question of fire. I am telling you again it’s rubbish. Shiney is not a rapist. He is an innocent man. I am not reacting as his wife who has known him for years and who is madly in love with him. I also speak as a woman and as a mother of a daughter and I can say that Shiney is not a rapist,” she maintained.
After the maid complained to police Sunday evening and Shiney was detained, both of them have undergone medical tests in a government hospital. On Wednesday, DNA samples taken by forensic experts from clothes and other personal belongings of the actor and the victim were sent for tests.
Medical tests conducted earlier had confirmed that the teenage girl had been raped, according to media reports.
Asked to comment on that, Anupam said: “Nobody has seen medical reports. Let the court decide. They (Police) are doing their job and I don’t have any problem with them.”
According to some media reports, Shiney had confessed during police interrogation that he had “a physical relationship”.
But Anupam said: “My husband didn’t make that confession.”
Asked how could she be so sure when she had not meet him, she said: “I don’t have to meet him to know what he said. There is a legal system and through proper channels I have learnt that he has not confessed.”
“It is hard to believe (media) reports because every day there is a new version,” she added.
Following the complaint, the actor was presented before a magistrate in suburban Andheri court Monday under tight security and was remanded in police custody till June 18.
The victim had been working with him for the past one year. She has accused him of repeatedly raping her.
- I wish Shiney all the strength: Farhan Akhtar - Mar 31, 2011
- Judiciary should not target actors blatantly: Arshad Warsi - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja jailed for 7 years for raping maid (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Salman, Farhan speak up for actor Shiney Ahuja (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- I hope Shiney will be declared innocent: Salman Khan - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja has been framed: Wife (Lead) - Jun 17, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja gets judicial custody till July 2 (Lead) - Jun 18, 2009
- Shiney Ahuja sentenced to 7-year jail for raping maid - Mar 30, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail from Bombay High Court - Apr 27, 2011
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals rape conviction - Apr 19, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja to appeal against rape sentence in High Court - Mar 31, 2011
- 'Har Pal' set for summer release, Preity ready to promote it - Jan 16, 2012
- Shiney Ahuja's maid now claims rape never took place (Second Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals against rape sentence in Bombay HC - Apr 19, 2011
- Bollywood actor Shiny Ahuja'wife says he's being framed - Jun 17, 2009
Tags: andheri, anupam, confession, dna samples, forensic experts, government hospital, innocent man, magistrate, medical reports, medical tests, personal belongings, physical relationship, police custody, police interrogation, proper channels, rapist, rubbish, sunday evening, teenage girl, tv channel