Shiney faces more trouble as rape is confirmed (Lead)June 16th, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 16 (IANS) Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja, in police custody facing the charge of raping his teenaged housemaid, is in serious trouble as medical tests confirmed rape, while his lawyer Tuesday said any further action for his defence can come only after the charge sheet is filed.
“The findings of the medical report confirm the statements in the victim’s first information report (FIR),” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone VI) Niket Kaushik told IANS Tuesday.
In another disclosure, the official said that a physical examination of the victim indicated she could be aged between 17-18 years, making her a minor as per Indian laws.
“In order to determine her correct age, we are now planning to send her for appropriate dental and bone examination. So I cannot comment anything on this aspect immediately,” Kaushik said.
The actor’s lawyer Shrikant Shivede told IANS: “He’s in the police station for interrogation as of now. No charge sheet has been filed yet. so we’ll think of something when the charge sheet is filed.”
On Sunday, the maid lodged a complaint against Shiney, accusing him of raping her, threatening to kill and illegally confining her, leading to the actor’s arrest.
The actor was produced before a magistrate in suburban Andheri court Monday afternoon under tight security and was Monday remanded to police custody till June 18.
Both Shiney and the victim have undergone medical tests in a government hospital.
The victim had been working with him for the past one year. She has accused him of repeatedly raping her.
The victim used to commute by local train from Vasai suburb in neighbouring Thane district to Shiney’s home daily for doing cooking and other chores along with two other part-time servants.
Police say that after interrogation, Shiney said he had “a physical relationship” with the victim. He has reportedly said he could have committed the crime in a drunken state.
He is said to be living separately from his wife Anupama, who has rushed from the US to Mumbai. The couple has a daughter.
“I love my husband…He is a wonderful father, a great partner and most importantly, he is an innocent man. I stand by him with all my soul, with all my heart, with all my love,” Anupama told a TV channel.
She also slammed the reports that the actor had “confessed” to raping his maid. “It is a lie…utter rubbish,” she said.
Shiney’s parents, who stay in Noida near New Delhi, too have flown here.
Asked how they were coping with news, lawyer Shivede said: “Of course, they are shocked. They are not happy.”
Shiney is an alumnus of the Army Public School and Hansraj College, New Delhi.
He started his acting career in 2003 with the critically acclaimed “Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi”.
Later, he acted in movies like “Gangster”, “Karam”, “Woh Lamhe”, “Fanaa”, “Hijack”, “Life in a Metro” and the box-office hit “Bhool Bhulaiyya”.
He has bagged over half a dozen acting awards in the past six years for his roles.
- I wish Shiney all the strength: Farhan Akhtar - Mar 31, 2011
- Judiciary should not target actors blatantly: Arshad Warsi - Mar 31, 2011
- Bombay HC grants actor Shiny Ahuja bail in rape case - Apr 27, 2011
- Salman, Farhan speak up for actor Shiney Ahuja (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Actor Shiney Ahuja appeals rape conviction - Apr 19, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja jailed for 7 years for raping maid (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's maid now claims rape never took place (Second Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- I hope Shiney will be declared innocent: Salman Khan - Mar 31, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja's maid now claims rape never took place (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Shiney slaps notice to Micromax on 'Bai' commercial - Oct 24, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja gets bail from Bombay High Court - Apr 27, 2011
- Medical report confirms rape of maid by Shiney Ahuja: police - Jun 16, 2009
- 'Har Pal' set for summer release, Preity ready to promote it - Jan 16, 2012
- Maid Says Shiney Did Not Rape Her - Sep 09, 2010
- Shiney Ahuja to appeal against rape sentence in High Court - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: ahuja, andheri, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, drunken state, government hospital, housemaid, information report, kaushik, local train, medical report, medical tests, niket, physical examination, physical relationship, police custody, serious trouble, shrikant, thane district, tight security