Shilpa Shetty’s travelling woesJuly 9th, 2008 - 9:43 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, July 9 (IANS) Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty had to do a lot of travelling lately and she discovered that it wasn’t that easy. Last week, Shilpa flew from Goa to London and back in 28 hours after being awarded Britain’s Global Cultural Diversity Award.
“I’ve been shooting in Goa non-stop for ‘The Man’ with Sunny (Deol). The only reason I was given a day off was because the Global Cultural Diversity Award was really prestigious,” Shilpa told IANS.
Shilpa received the award along with Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton and said she feels a sense of elation when she represents India at global events in Britain.
“I had a woman coming up to me to say she now feels proud to be an Indian in Britain after the way I conducted myself at (reality show) ‘Big Brother’.”
However, after travelling so much in such a short time, the actress was disoriented.
“It felt disorienting because I barely touched down in London, couldn’t even gather my breath and I was out of London and back in Goa to shoot. I didn’t even get the chance to catch any sleep. I came straight to shoot,” Shilpa said.
And all this with a severe neck pain brought on by her new avatar as a violinist in Sunny Deol’s “The Man”.
“It’s a common malady in violin players. With your neck and shoulder pressed forward to hold the violin, the pain is a kind of given. However, I never thought it’d be so bad.”
Pain notwithstanding, Shilpa is serious about pursuing her new violin vocation. She says she will continue to play the instrument even after the film’s shooting is done.
- Violin from Titanic band found - Jan 31, 2012
- Deol trio, Priyanka Chopra to dazzle at IIFA Toronto - May 20, 2011
- 'The Desire' my last for now: Shilpa Shetty (Interview) - Sep 14, 2011
- Student leaves $172,000 violin on bus - Dec 24, 2011
- When stunning blonde violinist burst out of Easter egg to serenade Berlusconi - Apr 16, 2011
- Shilpa Shetty misses seafood during Navaratri - Sep 23, 2009
- Sunny Deol a thorough gentleman: Tannishtha Chatterjee - Jun 09, 2012
- Now, Tannishtha eyes desi films (With Images) - Apr 10, 2012
- Parents must expose kids to Indian culture: L. Subramanian - Jan 12, 2011
- Humiliation has destroyed my career, says Bengali violinist - Jun 15, 2012
- Kalki loves gorging on Delhi street food - Dec 07, 2011
- India can tap booming gay tourism sector: Tour promoter - Oct 21, 2011
- Lovely meeting beautiful Bollywooders: Winfrey - Jan 17, 2012
- Shilpa takes violin lessons for 'The Man' - Jul 03, 2008
- Akshaye hurts his back, shooting halted - Sep 30, 2011
Tags: actress, avatar, big brother, cultural diversity, diversity award, formula one racing, global events, goa, lewis hamilton, malady, mumbai, neck pain, sense of elation, shilpa shetty, short time, subhash k jha, sunny deol, violin players, violinist, woes