Shillong Chamber Choir ready for personalised concert in MumbaiMarch 28th, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 28 (IANS) They enthralled US President Barack Obama on his India visit last year, and now the 16-member Shillong Chamber Choir will perform to the audience’s taste at a personalised concert here in April.
The Meghalaya-based choir, which won TV talent hunt show “India’s Got Talent 2″, will perform April 7 at Mumbai’s Shanmukhananda Hall, said a press statement.
This will be the group’s maiden concert in Mumbai. It will be promoted by Indigo Live.
The highlight of the concert will be that the audience will get an opportunity to select the songs of their preference, which the choir will perform.
Audience members can nominate their song preference through social media platforms - www.facebook.com/liveindigo and www.twitter.com/liveindigo.
Tickets for the two-hour concert are priced Rs.300-Rs.2,000. These will be available at www.bookmyshow.com and at Rhythm House and Cafe Coffee Day outlets at Shivaji Park, Sion and Matunga from April 1.
- Mahindra Group launches Blues festival - Dec 09, 2010
- Indian choir to perform in Toronto - Aug 09, 2011
- India's first Blues festival to kickstart in Mumbai - Feb 05, 2011
- Mahindra Blues Festival to host global stars - Jan 06, 2012
- Noddy comes to India! - Jul 13, 2012
- Shillong choir to kick off Christmas festivities - Dec 10, 2011
- Proud to perform before Obama: Shillong Chamber Choir - Nov 09, 2010
- Vishnu, Yuki get wild cards for Chennai Open - Dec 22, 2011
- Metallica's India tour dates revealed - May 03, 2011
- Akon to perform with Indian artists, launches a contest - Apr 05, 2011
- Bob Dylan enthrals Beijing - Apr 07, 2011
- Indian Idol Goes International With Narnia 3! - Nov 19, 2010
- Metal band Korn coming to India - Jun 15, 2012
- Big B to confer first Hridaynath Award on Lata - Sep 27, 2011
- Lata proud of brother Hridaynath - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: april 1, audience members, barack obama, chamber choir, coffee, highlight, india visit, indigo, matunga, media platforms, mumbai, preference, rhythm, rs 2, shillong, shivaji park, talent hunt, tv talent