Shikha Swaroop returns to TV as Kaikayee (With Images)July 30th, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) Shikha Swaroop, who mesmerised TV viewers as the protagonist in fantasy costume drama “Chandrakanta”, is returning to the small screen after 12 years to play Kaikayee in the latest version of mythological show “Ramayan”.
She is excited about the show that will go an air Aug 12 on Zee TV.
“I am excited about my role of Kaikeyee as essaying a warrior queen with shades of grey calls for an air of reality, poise that comes only with power, strength of character and a stern, steely body language,” Shikha said in a statement.
The former Miss India added: “As a former beauty pageant winner and a model, over the years I have imbibed the art of composing my body language and carrying myself in a manner that projects the right image required for any role I play. I will enjoy playing such an iconic mythological character and hope to add my own charm and individuality to it.”
Shikha won the Miss India title in 1988 and after that she worked in films like “Tahalka” (1992) and “Policewala Gunda” (1995).
Her television show “Chandrakanta” went on air in 1994 and ran for two years.
- New 'Ramayan' on TV simplified, technology-backed - Aug 04, 2012
- Shikha Swaroop doesn't fear being typecast (With Images) - Aug 08, 2012
- Gagan Malik, Neha Sargam to play Ram, Sita in 'Ramayan' (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Historical, mythological tales hit small screen - Jun 11, 2011
- I can't even get close to Arun Govil: Gagan Malik (With Images) - Aug 31, 2012
- For Hema, Dharmendra is king of romance (TV Snippets) - Aug 22, 2012
- I had a miscarriage, fine now: Dimpy Mahajan - Feb 10, 2012
- 'Ramayan' to be back on small screen - Jul 24, 2012
- I'd like to do an item number in Hindi film: Debina Mookherjee - Nov 17, 2011
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Content getting worse on television: Krutika Desai - Sep 25, 2010
- Dia, Prachi recall their mothers' selfless love - May 12, 2012
- New actors are lured by glamour: Rajendra Gupta - Nov 21, 2011
- SAB's 'Chidiyaghar' about human-animal connect - Nov 15, 2011
- Yashpal Sharma hopes to break mould with small screen debut - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: beauty pageant, body language, chandrakanta, costume drama, fantasy costume, films, images, individuality, miss india, mythological character, New Delhi, poise, protagonist, shades, strength of character, tahalka, television show, tv viewers, warrior queen