Shibani, Punit turn showstoppers (TV Snippets)August 4th, 2012 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) After wowing the audiences with their stint in dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″, TV host Shibani Dandekar and her choreographer Punit Pathak scorched the ramp as showstoppers at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week.
The duo walked the fashion runway for designer Payal Singhal dressed in traditional cream and golden coloured outfits Friday.
Currently, Shibani is competing with Gurmeet Chowdhary, Isha Sharvani, Bharti Singh, Giaa Manek, Ravi Kishan, Sushil Kumar, Darsheel Safary, Karan Wahi, Rithwik Dhanjani and Reshmi Desai for the winner’s trophy on the show.
Salman rags Marzi, Katrina comes to rescue
Choreographer Marzi Pestonji, who is currently judging “Dance India Dance L’il Masters”, always bears the brunt for his broken Hindi on the show, and even superstar Salman Khan didn’t leave an opportunity to pull his leg.
Salman and his “Ek Tha Tiger” co-star appeared on the dance reality show to promote the upcoming film.
Salman joined grandmaster Mithun Chakraborty in pulling Marzi’s leg over his terrible Hindi. But Katrina, whose Hindi has now improved by several notches over the years, came to Marzi’s rescue, saying his efforts to speak better Hindi in each episode were worth lauding.
The special episode featuring Salman and Katrina will be aired Sunday on Zee TV.
Swapnil Joshi continues tryst with comedy
Swapnil Joshi seems to enjoy making people laugh. After playing the lead in comedy show “Papad Pol”, the actor continues his fascination with this genre with “Golmaal Hai Bhai Sab Golmaal Hai”.
“This is my fictional family comedy after quite some time now. I have only been dabbling with reality comedy shows and it’s such a high because you know instantly if your jokes work or not,” Swapnil said in a statement.
“This show is a different type of comedy and I hope the audience loves me like they loved the fantastic Amol Palekar in the ‘Golmaal’ film. It’s one of my favourites till date and that’s why I instantly said ‘yes’ to this show,” he added.
The show, which goes on air Aug 13, also features Tiku Talsania, Mugdha Chapekar, Apra Mehta, Rajeev Thakur and Melissa Pais.
- Talat Aziz out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaaa' - Jun 30, 2012
- Asha Bhosle grooves with Riteish (TV Snippets) - Jul 26, 2012
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Giaa Manek out of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Aug 18, 2012
- I've maintained myself well: Talat Aziz - Jun 25, 2012
- For Hema, Dharmendra is king of romance (TV Snippets) - Aug 22, 2012
- Star-studded 'Jhalak...' opener promises dance, drama galore - Jun 17, 2012
- After Giaa's exit, Mohammad Nazim working harder - Jul 30, 2012
- Gopi Bahu turns Jeannie for 'Jeannie Aur Juju' (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Kamal Khan wins 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa' - Dec 26, 2010
- Forced weight loss for Ravi Kishan - Jun 29, 2012
- KBC winner Sushil Kumar in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5' - Jun 17, 2012
- Shibani Dandekar out of 'Jhalak...' - Aug 25, 2012
- No ill feelings for Star Plus or '...Saathiya' team: Giaa Manek - Jun 15, 2012
- Why is Ashish Sharma disturbed? (TV Snippets) - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: amol palekar, chowdhary, comedy shows, family comedy, fashion runway, fictional family, giaa, isha sharvani, jhalak, karan wahi, lakme fashion week, manek, mithun chakraborty, quite some time, ravi kishan, reshmi, safary, sushil kumar, swapnil joshi, zee tv