Shiamak to make directorial debut with ‘Dancer’July 15th, 2010 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) Bollywood choreographer Shiamak Davar is all set to make his directorial debut with the movie “Dancer”.
Shiamak, who entered Bollywood as a choreographer with Yash Chopra’s “Dil To Pagal Hai”, will also act in his directorial debut, which is about the relationship between a mentor and his prodigy.
“I am going to play Shiamak and I am going to discover talented children as my role will be of a talent hunter. The talent of the slum children are never discovered. And I wanted to get dancing talent out from the streets and slums. So I thought of doing this film,” Shiamak told IANS.
The film will revolve around an underdog who becomes an achiever with the help of his mentor and it will have cameos by Bollywood celebrities.
“Dancer” will be produced by Percept Media Entertainment Communications and its Joint Managing Director Shailendra Singh said that the the script is in it’s initial stage.
Singh also feels that Shiamak is the right person to wield the megaphone for such a theme.
“I think Shiamak is a whole package of entertainment. He is a dancer, he is a choreographer he is a singer as well. Therefore he is qualified to direct. It’s a dance film at the end of the day. He will be surrounded by very talented technicians. But the story has to be told from his perspective,” Singh told IANS.
- Bollywood Stars to Train Kids For Shiamak Davar's Directorial Debut - Jul 12, 2010
- Shiamak Davar to judge Zee TV's 'Dance Ke Superstar' - Mar 28, 2011
- Dance takes on a bigger role in cinema - Jul 14, 2012
- Don't call dance frivolous, says guru Shiamak Davar - Jul 07, 2012
- Shiamak choreographs song for his student's film - Sep 05, 2011
- Dancing to luck in Bollywood: the choreographers (This is the fifth in a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Apr 27, 2011
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Bollywood grooves to salsa, latino beats - Dec 11, 2010
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- Shiamak, US troupe join for special kids - Aug 27, 2011
- ABCD has better dancers than me: Prabhu Deva - Jun 05, 2012
- 'Shakal Pe Mat Ja' a tale of mistaken identities (IANS Preview) - Nov 14, 2011
- I like taking risks, says Sushant Singh Rajput - Jul 13, 2012
- Shiamak Davar wants to popularise pop with 'Shabop' (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Toronto to see largest galaxy of Bollywood stars - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: achiever, bollywood celebrities, cameos, choreographer, dance film, dancer, davar, directorial debut, entertainment communications, initial stage, media entertainment, megaphone, shailendra singh, slum children, slums, talent hunter, talented children, talented technicians, underdog, yash chopra