Shiamak Davar wants to popularise pop with ‘Shabop’ (With Images)August 20th, 2012 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 20 (IANS) Singer-choreographer Shiamak Davar returns to singing after more than a decade with his latest album “Shabop” and says that the idea is to save pop music culture.
“Pop music is not there anymore. So, I revived it by doing ‘Shabop’. It has a very pop-centric song. There is no pop music here, everything is very techno. I am trying to bring pop back,” Shiamak told IANS.
Shiamak feels he was in constant touch with singing and music, but adds: “I don’t miss singing because I sing everyday in the car, but I miss performing on my original songs.”
Talking about the name of the album, he said that he picked alphabets from his name and hip hop, joined them to coin “Shabop”.
Released Monday on digital medium through the website artistaloud.com, “Shabop” also focuses on the philosophy of “dance without worry”.
Shiamak feels releasing music online is a better option than doing it the traditional way.
“I feel it’s better to have a low key and let the work speak for itself and I feel digital viral is best,” he said.
“Shabop” has 10 tracks, including songs by various singers like Hariharan, Shweta Pandit and Shankar Mahadevan.
The 50-year-old started his career with the album “Mohabbat Kar Le” in 1997 and two years later released second album “Dil Chahe” before turning into a full time choreographer.
- Solo album magic wanes: Digital media may revive it - Aug 07, 2012
- Shiamak choreographs song for his student's film - Sep 05, 2011
- Bollywood touch lends glitz to CWG closure (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Independent music returning in a big way: Salim Merchant - Apr 06, 2012
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- I'm looking forward to my English film: Himesh Reshammiya - Oct 02, 2011
- X-factor missing from 'Murder 2' music (IANS Music Review) - Jun 02, 2011
- Music journey toughest, yet most enriching: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 14, 2012
- Don't call dance frivolous, says guru Shiamak Davar - Jul 07, 2012
- It's was Bollywood calling for Haldipur brothers - Jul 10, 2011
- Hariharan composing for his first Hindi movie - May 11, 2011
- 'Balle Punjabis' - a family affair - Feb 22, 2012
- 'Damarukam' album satisfying, but lacks class (Telugu Music Review) - Sep 13, 2012
- Reality shows draw youths to instant fame, says Tochi Raina (With Image) - Jun 25, 2012
- Mumbai goes 'wah wah' over Bryan Adams' concert - Feb 13, 2011
Tags: choreographer, constant touch, culture pop, davar, decade, digital medium, full time, hip hop, images, kar, low key, music culture, New Delhi, philosophy, pop music, releasing music, shankar mahadevan, shweta pandit, singers, worry