Sheryl Crows new album is her most honest recordNovember 22nd, 2007 - 4:21 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Nov 22 (ANI): Singer Sheryl Crows latest album Detours, will land in stores early next year.
Interscope has declared that the nine-time Grammy winner’s new album is scheduled for release on Feb. 5.
“This is the most honest record I’ve ever made. It’s about being forced to wake up,” E!Online quoted Crow, as saying op her blog.
The 45-year-old singer said that the new album is “very inspired by the last three years of events in my life,” a phase that, among other things, saw her engaged to and broken up from Lance Armstrong, wage a successful battle against breast cancer and adopt a child.
Detours will be Crows first collection of new material since 2005’s Wildflower and it reunited her with Bill Bottrell, who produced her breakthrough album, Tuesday Night Music Club.
“When Bill and I got together again to work on this record it was such a cathartic and comforting moment,” Crow said.
The new album, recorded at Crow’s Nashville farm, will feature 14 or 15 tracks, including the lead single, Shine Over Babylon and Lullaby for Wyatt, dedicated to her son and also showcased in the John Cusack film Grace Is Gone.
Other songs include Love Is Free, Peace Be Upon Us and God Bless This Mess.
The singer will debut some of her new material during upcoming TV appearances.
She is slated to perform Dec. 6 on CNN’s Heroes and Dec. 21 on CBS’ A Home for the Holidays. (ANI)
- Sheryl Crow prefers to keep her life private - Jul 29, 2010
- Sheryl Crow says family and work keeps her going - Sep 27, 2010
- Sheryl Crow makes first public appearance with beau - May 08, 2011
- Sheryl Crow's split from Lance Armstrong inspired her to adopt - Jul 09, 2010
- Is Sheryl Crow dating Doyle Bramhall II? - May 09, 2011
- Sheryl Crow enjoying motherhood - Jul 11, 2010
- Motherhood made Sheryl Crow's music better - Jul 19, 2010
- Lance Armstrong Dad to a Fifth Child! - Oct 19, 2010
- Sheryl Crow bribes her children to eat healthy - May 25, 2011
- Sheryl Crow puts mansion on online auction - Nov 24, 2010
- Alejandro Sanz to sing with Tony Bennett - Sep 14, 2011
- Sheryl Crow adopts second baby - Jun 05, 2010
- Lauren Alaina comes out with album Wildflower - Oct 11, 2011
- Sheryl Crow blasts reports she adopted to boost career - Jul 20, 2010
- Taylor, Bieber working together again - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: adopt a child, bless this mess, breakthrough album, cathartic, cbs, cnn, crows, free peace, god bless this mess, grace is gone, heroes, honest record, john cusack, lance armstrong, new album, night music club, time grammy winner, tuesday night music, tuesday night music club