Sheryl Crow gives up defending her song writing from criticsFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 2:34 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 2 (ANI): American singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow has given up defending herself from critics who accused her of having used the words from a poem for her hit song.
Crow, who had taken the words for her 1994 Grammy Award-winning song All I Wanna Do from a Wyn Cooper poem, says that her struggle with cancer helped her to overcome the critics accusations.
The singer had found Cooper’’s work at a Los Angeles-area used bookstore, and inculcated the words into her song, but she insists that the poet has since received credit as a co-writer on the track and has even been awarded royalties for the song.
Crow has, in an excerpt in Andrea Buchanan’’s inspirational book Note to Self, given credit to her battle with breast cancer in 2006 for helping her get over the critics accusing her of not acknowledging the poet.
I hold no grudges against anybody for anything, and my days are better lived that way, Contactmusic quoted her as saying. (ANI)
- Sheryl Crow makes first public appearance with beau - May 08, 2011
- Assamese poet Hiren Bhattacharyya passes away - Jul 04, 2012
- Sheryl Crow blasts reports she adopted to boost career - Jul 20, 2010
- I am still to be successful as a painter: Shuvaprasanna (Interview) - Jun 19, 2011
- Sheryl Crow releasing cookbook - Dec 08, 2010
- Two-day special UNESCO tribute to Tagore's legacy - Sep 11, 2011
- Sheryl Crow diagnosed with brain tumour - Jun 06, 2012
- Lionel Richie to get humanitarian award - Dec 05, 2011
- Leading Marathi litterateur Jagdish Khebudkar passes away (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Is Sheryl Crow dating Doyle Bramhall II? - May 09, 2011
- Sheryl Crow to pen Diner musical - Sep 21, 2011
- Jason Aldean leads the CMT Music Awards nominations list - Apr 28, 2011
- Sheryl Crow opens breast cancer center - 'The Sheryl Crow Imaging Center' - Aug 27, 2010
- Songwriter defends Britney Spears for not demanding co-writing credits - Apr 09, 2011
- Sheryl Crow's split from Lance Armstrong inspired her to adopt - Jul 09, 2010
Tags: accusations, american singer, andrea, bookstore, breast cancer, buchanan, excerpt, feb 2, grammy award, grudges, inspirational book, poem, poet, royalties, sheryl crow, singer songwriter, struggle, wyn cooper