Shemaroo ventures into ‘alternate content’May 27th, 2008 - 5:37 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 27 (IANS) Shemaroo, a home video entertainment company, has ventured into a new area of home video infotainment called ‘alternate content’ by launching a DVD and a VCD on the discourses of spiritual leader Osho. “We are venturing into ‘alternate content’ where we will bring CDs and DVDs which will be informative as well as educative in nature,” said Shemaroo director Hiren Gada, releasing the DVD and the VCD on the spiritual leader here Monday.
Gada said videos are related more to films and the time has come when audience will look beyond it. “We are putting in effort to make audience look beyond films by providing this ‘alternate content’,” he said.
The company will be coming up with videos on various subjects like spirituality - consisting of teachings and discourses of various spiritual leaders, edutainment - mainly dealing with educative materials for children, literature - on the works of various literary personalities and their lives, history - life and events of various historical figures, science and technology, and topics of special interests such as travel, cookery and health.
The next project on the cards is a video on Yoga by Shilpa Shetty, he said.
He said Osho was the modern spiritual leader whose teachings have a high degree of relevance even today. Besides, “I want to make our younger generation aware of his discourses as it will help them a great deal in living a happy life in today’s stressful environment”.
Shemaroo has produced various films in recent times, including animation film “Ghatotkach” that was released recently.
So does Gada want to make film on Osho too? Gada said: “As of now, we have no plans”.
Shemaroo’s next release is a comedy film “Mere Baap Pehle Aap” to be released June 13. The film has been directed by Priyadarshan with Akshay Khanna and Paresh Rawal in the lead.
As far as future projects are concerned, Shemaroo has various films lined up for the year. Shahid Kapoor has been signed for a film to be directed by debutant Rohit, said Gada but refused to divulge any details.
“We have not decided on the title of the film as of now,” he said, adding the shoot is expected to start some time in June or July.
The second project is a co-production with Vishal Bharadwaj titled “Ishqiya”, to be directed by Vishal’s assistant Abhishek Choubey. The film casts Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah and Vidya Balan. The film is expected to go to floors in September, he said.
“Besides, we are also working on a number of projects including an animation film, which are expected to be ready by December,” Gada added.
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Cairo film fest - Oct 09, 2010
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Munich film fest - Jun 11, 2010
- Lara Dutta's 'Power Play' teaches cardio exercises - Mar 07, 2011
- Shemaroo to release its 3D film online first - Oct 15, 2011
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Florence film fest - Nov 21, 2010
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Indian film fest in London - Jul 09, 2010
- Now watch three seasons of 'Zabaan Sambhal Ke' on DVD - Jul 08, 2010
- Shemaroo expands library, ventures into regional content - Mar 23, 2011
- Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani ready to go home - Dec 04, 2009
- Indian Film Festival Of London To Screen Ishqiya - Jul 12, 2010
- Now Shilpa Shetty's 'Yoga' DVD in Tamil - Apr 26, 2010
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- Yahoo India launches its online video service - Nov 22, 2011
- Kochi-based web TV Indiavibes wins prestigious award - Jul 25, 2011
- Multiplexes' loss is home video market's gain - Apr 30, 2009
Tags: akshay khanna, alternate content, animation film, children literature, comedy film, discourses, entertainment company, happy life, hiren, home video entertainment, literary personalities, paresh rawal, priyadarshan, shahid kapoor, shemaroo, shilpa shetty, spiritual leader, spiritual leaders, stressful environment, younger generation