Shekhar Kapur wants Damien Hirst for his nextJanuary 15th, 2012 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 15 (IANS) Acclaimed filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, known for directing movies like “Elizabeth”, “The Four Feathers” and “Elizabeth: The Golden Age”, wants British artist Damian Hirst to design for his next project.
“In LA (Los Angeles) chatting with Damien Hirst to be designer for my next film,” the 66-year-old posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
The 46-year-old Hirst is an artist, entrepreneur and art collector. He is also associated with the group, Young British Artists (YBAs), which dominated the art scene in Britain during the 1990s.
Not only Hirst, Kapur also met comedian Russel Brand and describes him as one of the wonderful men he ever met.
“Underneath his comic persona Russel Brand is very sharp, incisive, intellect, extremely well read and very spiritual. Wonderful meeting you today (Sunday), he further tweeted.
Meanwhile, Kapur has also been working on a film called “Paani”, which will focus on the issue of water war.
- Normal for passion films like 'Paani' to take time: Shekhar Kapur - Jul 12, 2011
- Cinema now just a product: Shekhar Kapur - Dec 05, 2011
- Shekhar Kapur denies turning down Cruz's offer - Mar 06, 2011
- Shreyas shoots for item number with Chitrangada (Movie Snippets) - Nov 13, 2011
- Clumsy visitors posing threat to British art - Oct 30, 2011
- Hrithik denies demanding changes in 'Paani' script - Oct 07, 2010
- Hrithik Rubbishes Reports Of Demanding Changes In Script Of 'Paani' - Oct 08, 2010
- 'Insensitive' Damien Hirst slammed for using baby's skull in new artwork - Jan 10, 2011
- Damien Hirst logs on to India with affordable prints (With Image) - Jan 28, 2012
- Stella McCartney donates sketch to auction - May 05, 2012
- Beckhams get designer painting for Harper - Aug 03, 2012
- Damien Hirst: 'I Was Inspired by Blue Peter' - Aug 30, 2012
- Where Indian art meets global creativity (With Image) - Jan 26, 2012
- Hazare's is the most secular movement: Shekhar Kapur - Aug 22, 2011
- Olympics closing ceremony, a crazy mix of spicy music (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: 1990s, art collector, art scene, blogging, british artist, british artists, comedian, comic persona, directing movies, elizabeth the golden age, entrepreneur, four feathers, hirst, intellect, New Delhi, shekhar kapur, water war