Shekhar Kapur praises VFX in SRK’s ‘Ra.One’ trailerMarch 25th, 2011 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 25 (IANS) Internationally known Indian filmmaker Shekhar Kapur is impressed with the first look of Shah Rukh Khan’s next home production, sci-fi superhero film “Ra.One”. He says the trailer is a glimpse into the improving visual effects technology in India.
“Shah Rukh’s ‘Ra.One’ has raised bar on VFX tech in Indian cinema judging from trailers. Hope other filmmakers catch up,” Kapur posted on his Twitter page.
The 30-second teaser of the movie was released on ESPN during the India-Australia World Cup Match Thursday.
Shah Rukh, who plays the “only protector” from evil powers, in the film looks quite a superhero as he jumps, glides, runs and performs stunts - reminiscent of Hollywood’s famous “Spiderman”!
Zipping and zooming in the air in between two fast moving trains, falling free from skyscrapers, jumping forcefully on to the ground, leaving it in tatters, defying gravity and rolling up a building, and raising cars in the air, with what seem like his supernatural powers - Shah Rukh doesn’t give a chance to blink your eyes off the invigorating teaser.
His intense side as “G.One”, the protector, also goes in for a soft change for a split second in the teaser, when a woman, perhaps leading lady Kareena Kapoor, touches his face tenderly.
Going by the teaser, “Ra.One” is nothing like what Bollywood cinema has probably seen before. However, it does infuse a sense of deja vu as a bit of the flying and unrealistic action sequences were noticed in Rakesh Roshan’s “Krrish”, featuring Hrithik Roshan and Rajnikanth-starrer “Robot”. But King Khan’s attempt at being a superhero, definitely seems several notches above the rest.
The movie, set for a Diwali release, also features Arjun Rampal who is not seen in the trailer.
- In technology, we can't compete with foreign filmmakers: SRK - Jun 02, 2011
- SRK's 'Ra.One' aims at Limca record with longest fan mail - Jun 01, 2011
- SRK takes cue from Alfred Hitchcock for 'RA.One' - Jun 02, 2011
- 'RA.One' will change the genre of films: SRK - Mar 26, 2011
- 'RA.One' superhero is a family man, says SRK - Oct 14, 2011
- As VFX fights for foothold, in steps Bollywood Badshah - Jun 06, 2011
- 'RA.One' might have some parts in 3D: SRK - Jun 01, 2011
- When technology, Bollywood walked hand in hand (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 17, 2011
- SRK goes larger than life with 'RA.One' - Oct 25, 2011
- I wish I had made 'RA.One' better: SRK - Jan 10, 2012
- 'RA.One' gets National Award for best special effects - Mar 07, 2012
- SRK ties up with HomeShop18 for 'RA.One' - Oct 21, 2011
- Rajini sir has blessed 'RA.One': SRK - Oct 03, 2011
- Aamir Khan wishes success for 'RA.One' - Oct 22, 2011
- 'Indian VFX industry needs Hollywood supervision, education' - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: action sequences, arjun rampal, defying gravity, diwali release, espn, evil powers, hrithik roshan, india australia, indian cinema, indian filmmaker, kareena kapoor, king khan, leading lady, rakesh roshan, sci fi, sense of deja vu, shah rukh khan, shekhar kapur, supernatural powers, visual effects technology