Shekhar Kapur lauds Indo-Spanish film collaborationsNovember 11th, 2009 - 2:49 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
In a bid to promote and collaborate audiovisual exchange between the Iberoamerican Commonwealth and India, Ibermumbai was inaugurated in Mumbai at Whistling Woods.
An initiative of the Embassy of Spain and supported by the Iberoamerican Embassies in India, Ibermumbai will entail a week of world cinema followed with interactive meetings and film screenings with the aim of promoting the exchange of ideas and bridging the cinematographic divide between countries.
Noted Indian film director Shekhar Kapur and top Spanish director Jaime Chávarri inaugurated this unique one week event along with other prominent attendees including award winning Film Director, Ashvin Kumar (of Little Terrorist fame); Director of Casa de la India (India House) Guillermo Rodríguez; Spanish Director and scriptwriter Joaquín Oristrell; Spanish Film Producer Beatriz de la Gándara, Cultural Counsellor, Embassy of Spain Gerardo Fueyo and cultural Adviser to the Spanish Embassy in India Gisela Serrano.
On this occasion, Shekhar Kapur said, “Indian-Spanish cultures have such remarkable similarity and with this initiative by Ibermumbai, it will give the industry a chance to explore cinema.” “India and Spain have shared historic ties in the past and endeavours such as Ibermumbai would further enhance cultural the ties between the two countries”, says Gisela Serrano (cultural Adviser to the Spanish Embassy in India)
Screenings of popular films from participating Iberamerican countries like Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, the Dominican Republic, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Portugal and Peru would take place at Whistling Woods International in Filmcity at Goreagon till the 16th, followed by interactive sessions.
One of the main endeavours of this project is to pay tribute to the city of Mumbai, a year after the brutal terrorist attacks of November 2008 and is organized in association with Whistling Woods International LTD, Catai Tours and Jameson.
Bringing together major protagonists from different cultural spheres of the cinematographic world, this event by the Spanish Embassy is expected to establish some key collaboration on films, short-films and documentaries and television programs in the future.
Indian film maker Govind Nihalani, diplomats from participating countries, top management team of Whistling Woods International, CEO Brandsmith and the exclusive branding and media advisor Ibermumbai Rahul Mittra, amongst others were present at the packed press conference at the opening of Ibermumbai.
- Subhash Ghai to organise tribute for Ashok Mehta - Aug 22, 2012
- Land row: Shekhar Kapur favours Subhash Ghai - Feb 10, 2012
- Tagore gala begins in Spain with book, culture blitz - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi and Pune to play host to sixth Spanish film festival - Mar 28, 2011
- Subhash Ghai to set up film institute in Nigeria - Aug 10, 2012
- 'I feel cheated,' says Subhash Ghai (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Bollywood pays tribute ot Ashok Mehta - Aug 15, 2012
- Sixth annual Spanish Film Festival to open Monday - Mar 26, 2011
- Cinematographer Ashok Mehta dead - Aug 15, 2012
- Shekhar Kapur denies turning down Cruz's offer - Mar 06, 2011
- I was lucky to have worked with Ashok Mehta: Anil Kapoor - Aug 16, 2012
- Spanish artists to be focus of US art fair - Mar 28, 2011
- Science journalism pioneer dies - Aug 17, 2012
- Spain sees 35 percent growth in Indian tourists - Sep 23, 2011
- Latino dance-music fiesta to enthrall Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,